Manager of Strategy & Operations - (Returnship)
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @Nutanix
What is a Returnship?
Nutanix is excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. The Path Forward Return to Work program at Nutanix is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Manager of Strategy & Operations - (Returnship)
As a Manager of Strategy & Operations, you will partner with key leaders in the organization to support company growth and provide leadership on critical organizational and operational projects. You have enthusiasm for launching new initiatives, implementing scalable operational programs, and getting their hands dirty, while also being operationally-savvy, well-organized, and passionate about solving problems.
- Provide support on key initiatives, ensuring clear success measures, operation plans, and greater cohesion and engagement
- Facilitate alignment on key strategic decisions across partners, and reach insightful, actionable answers
- Actively make recommendations on opportunities for organizational efficiency and be responsible for implementing solutions that yield higher engineering velocity, productivity, quality and cost savings
- Develop a keen understanding of the company’s strategic objectives and demonstrate the knowledge to increase the effectiveness of the engineering organization.
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting and present findings to support the organization in decision-making
- 5+ years of meaningful work experience; preferred backgrounds in strategy / planning / operations in technology companies; BA or BS from a credible school; Engineering degree and MBA (or equivalent experience) preferred
- Enjoys “rolling up sleeves”to make an impact with a high degree of ownership and accountability
- Structured thinking and decision-making with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate insights; demonstrates excellent analytic and written presentation skills
- Ability to influence and work effectively with key cross-functional partners and senior leadership team; demonstrates strong communication, interpersonal, partnership and organizational skills
- Excels at operating in a dynamic environment, handling multiple projects with meaningful priorities; demonstrates strong project management and organization skills
- Hands-on experience with building and automating dashboards
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of prioritization to the organization; has superior discernment, problem resolution, team building, negotiation skills
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.