Member of Technical Staff - Prism Pro
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.Nutanix Prism Pro improves the quality and efficiency in IT operations for the modern datacenter. Powered by machine learning and task automation, Prism Pro intelligently optimizes capacity, proactively detects performance anomalies, and enables the IT team to automate operations tasks with ease and confidence. Traditional IT operations management (ITOM) tools
were built for static infrastructure. They often overwhelm IT teams with complex and noisy alerts that the teams can’t do anything about. In dynamic and scalable modern datacenters with high performance and diverse workloads, IT teams need simplicity and accuracy to achieve high
productivity in operations.
Overview of the role
MTS, Developer is responsible for building the analytics layer in the control plane (management layer) of the Nutanix platform. An important part of prism-pro is building the capability to slice and dice data, bubbling up the relevant data that needs the customer’s attention. This capability of intelligent analytics kicks in, in a bunch of applications like exploration, troubleshooting. This role entails building the right solutions to achieve the same.
The individual needs to have a keen interest in building impactful end to end features (architecture, design, thinking through workflows / use cases / experience and development of scalable solutions for the same) for customers. The solution would be like a platform so as to be usable in a variety of applications as well as for Nutanix core services.
- Develop scalable performant search-based solutions
- Contribute as a strong, hands-on technical member in product development activities to develop clean, refactored and tested code that is extensible and highly reusable.
- Develop innovative products through all phases of software development including conception, design, implementation, and deployment.
- Work in Agile, DevOps model where Quality is everyone’s responsibility and there is no strict line between Dev & QA.
- Collaborate closely with teams engaged in building the frontend and driving the user experience of the product
- Collaborate with Product Management team to translate requirements into high-quality, timely deliverables to wow our users.
- Collaborate with other engineers in the team to develop and use effective mechanisms to ensure code quality.
- Collaborate with teams which could be potential stakeholders of the product
- Get feedback on the product and incorporate it into the product in innovative ways
- 1) 4-9 years of development experience using Java/Python/Golang.
- 2) Experience in search engine technologies/information retrieval techniques is a strong
- 3) Experience in building scalable performant distributed systems. This includes experience and knowledge of
- a) Sync/async programming design
- b) Multithreading/concurrency
- c) Fault tolerant systems
- Working knowledge of Linux or *UX environment
- Familiarity with version control systems such as GIT, build management tools and
- Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with Unit testing frameworks
- Ability to write scripts and tools for development and debugging.
- Memory/CPU Profiling of applications
- Good knowledge of RDBMS, NOSQL & database design
- Experience in virtualization.
- Experience with design, development and data modeling of RESTful web services with Websockets/HTTP2.0 would be a plus
- Experience building end-to-end solutions is a plus
- 4-9 years of experience developing applications.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.