Senior Commercial Counsel
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @Nutanix
Nutanix is looking for a high-performing Senior Commercial Counsel who can thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment to join our dynamic Legal team. You will have a broad range of responsibilities providing transactional support and day-to-day legal advice and negotiation for our product sales, licensing and services. You will also be called upon to lead and negotiate complex commercial relationships that contribute to the success of our products and services.
The position will be based in San Jose, California.
- Collaborate with Sales, Sales Operations, Support, Operations, Services, Finance and Accounting teams regarding the development and negotiation of a wide variety of sales, channel, partnership, OEM, support, licensing, services and marketing contracts.
- Negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, which include software licensing, SaaS subscription, procurement, product, professional services other operational agreements.
- Advise on risks and liabilities of proposed commercial transactions and devise creative and practical legal solutions to meet business objectives.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners and the commercial aspects of our products and programs.
- Assist in developing form agreements, best practices and training initiatives for an evolving fast-growing software business.
- Keep abreast of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance that impact commercial agreements.
Additionally, as a contributing member of our dynamic Legal team, you should have the willingness and ability to expand beyond your primary responsibilities to work on other legal issues that may arise.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience, with at least 4 years of in-house experience.
- Practical experience in enterprise software licensing and SaaS negotiations with a confirmed knowledge of commercial and contract law and revenue recognition principles.
- Knowledge in as many of the following areas as possible: data privacy and security, intellectual property, cloud computing.
- Demonstrated experience as a self-driven attorney who can work independently; strong drafting and negotiation skills along with excellent business judgment and critical thinking.
- Experience with channel (VAR, OEM, SI, etc.) programs and relationships preferred, particularly with three-tier and two-tier distribution models.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to novel issues in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to roll up sleeves, work independently, willingly raise questions and develop solutions to maintain Nutanix’s culture of business integrity.
- Active membership in at least one state bar.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.