UX Design Intern (Summer 2020)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
As part of Global Design organization, the design team is seeking a strong designer for the SJC office. We are looking for someone who is familiar with Nutanix products and design processes, whose work demonstrates strong design skills for enterprise product design. We need someone with global design experience that can help grow and connect the design team with Nutanix offices worldwide.
Required Design Skills:
- *Graduation date no later than June 2021*
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science with a focus in Human Computer Interaction or other UX design relevant is required
- Well versed in using standard creative tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic knowledge about user and design research
- Ability to create interactive prototypes based on existing user journeys
- Capability to translate research insights into interaction flows to increase product experience
- Familiar with current interaction design concepts, and good understanding of design systems
- Experienced in creating design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Attention to detail – terminology, appearance, OS standards, behaviors, and workflows
- Ability to iterate rapidly and inspire with creative approaches
- Willing to support the team with incoming ad-hoc requests of various type (administration, travel booking, etc.)
Required Soft Skills:
- Motivated and positive individual
- Reliable and ready to adapt to a professional work environment
- Quick learner & willingness to engage fully with the products
- Willingness to strive for the best solution to achieve customer satisfaction
- Open, courageous and willing to try new things
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively
What we offer at Nutanix:
- 3 months paid or compulsory internship in a small team with senior experts
- Opportunity to work on products that are disrupting and redefining standards for Enterprise IT solutions
- Very competitive compensation for the internship
- Opportunity to work with our experienced global design team members
- Opportunity to solve complex and challenging design problems
- Learn Enterprise UX design best practices
- Responsibility for designing a part of a product under guidance and direction from senior team members
- Acquire and broaden design skills and develop technical domain expertise
- Opportunity to participate in user research sessions and learn about end-users
- Learns the Nutanix product development process
- Seeks to understand the purpose and intent of products and projects
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.