UX Design Manager
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
"Design" and "Customer delight" is embedded in every step of our product cycle. Nutanix has a design first philosophy that brings consumer grade design and web scale engineering together to create an amazing user experience which has only been seen in the consumer world with the likes of Apple and Tesla. Visit Nutanix.design to learn more about our design system and our career’s page to know more about life at Nutanix.
As part of engineering organization, the design team is seeking a strong Design manager for the Bangalore office. We are looking for a matured designer and mentor who is recognized as product expert and known for design leadership.
Perfect candidate will:
- Have strong design portfolio of enterprise projects
- Role models a selfless Customer/Product/Team first mentality
- Attract and develop talented design leads who are most capable of driving company success
- Accurately assess and coach promising individuals; Gives honest feedback
- Lead team of designers and will be responsible for driving the growth of the team
- Contribute to external conferences and workshops, will present papers/case-studies, publish blogs/articles etc
- Take ownership to lead design projects by collaborating with the broader designers, Product Managers, UI developers, back end engineers and other Engineering leaders
- Have hands-on experience in applying agile methodology in the design phase
- Facilitates design sprints, workshops and brainstorming sessions.
- Motivates and drives consensus across multiple functions (PM, Engineering & Design)
- Define the direction of our flagship product’s design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Work with UI development and backend engineering teams to ensure effective execution of designs
- Able to work effectively in a fast-moving environment juggling between multiple priorities
- Has strong Presentation and Communication Skills
- Must present and communicate their design work to all stakeholders
- Foster Nutanix’s Hungry, Humble, Honest with Heart culture and principles within the group, while pushing new level in executional and operational excellence
- Understands the mission and goals of design and is able to communicate this to product teams
- Actively influences decisions on products and solutions objectives and design methodology
- 10+ years of user experience in enterprise product
- 2 years of experience managing or leading design teams
- Passion for mentoring junior designers, understanding customer pain points, and simplifying complex problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, Able to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.