Manager, Worldwide support
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Responsible for leading a team of engineers in the Global Technical Support organization, who are engaged in providing assistance to customers and partners in technical issue identification and resolution. Specializes in high-end, Enterprise level support of customers or channel partners with advanced support needs. Establishes staff schedules for queue coverage and individual or group training sessions. Conducts regular 1:1 and team meetings to evaluate individual and team performance and facilitates development of proficiency in both technical skills and general customer service skills.
The primary duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Delivery of superior-level service to end-user customers and functioning as point-of-contact for raised issues to ensure appropriate response and focus of support teams.
- Regularly participating in strategic planning discussions to provide insightful ideas on process improvements and customer service delivery.
- Conducting regular team meetings and performance discussions with support engineers.
- Interacting with regional and corporate management on matters between functional areas or customers and the company.
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on department operations, and closely handles critical customer accounts to develop path to issue resolution.
- Monitoring both the Virtual Call Center and Salesforce to ensure support engineers are following the call priority flow and maintaining an available phone status, documenting the issues well, and following cases through to efficient and effective resolution.
- Assigning and managing projects based on new product releases, call related issues and/or training needs within the organization. Tracks projects and initiates documentation based on project successes.
- Must possess a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of management experience in a technical support environment, with advanced customer interaction skills.
- Previous account management or account executive skills desired, with ability to organize and track multiple projects.
- Effective leadership experience required, with goal setting and action plans for career development on a team and individual basis.
- Must exhibit effective customer service attitude and be able to lead a team in resolving difficult customer situations.
- Must utilize exemplary verbal and written communication skills when dealing with customers and business partners.
- Must have at least two years of experience as a Technical Engineer.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Skilled in leading and motivating talented support engineers.
- Project management experience or background, with experience in handling multiple projects and priorities.
- Knowledge and proficiency in staff scheduling, workload analysis, performance management, and interviewing skills.
- Ability and comfort in dealing with difficult employee or customer issues, and in ensuring positive interactions even when message content is difficult or critical.
- Must be motivated by challenges and be able to offer multiple solutions for a problem.
- Consistent record of defining and developing innovative enhancements to Support process and methodology.
- Able to develop individual and team objectives to contribute positively to organizational goals and direction.
- Validated ability to formulate and oversee solutions to issues in partnership with multiple functional areas.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic environment and use judgment in handling customer calls and providing technical assistance.
- Ability to effectively present complex technical material that is tailored to the target audience at large venues.
- Ability to effectively present tailored materials to executive level management
- Practices effective and appropriate communication skills, providing valuable feedback and constructive criticism when needed.
- Knowledge of call center processes and terminology.
- Exhibits appreciation and consideration for all ideas and suggestions provided by peers and subordinates alike and provides opportunities for open discussion and evaluation of those ideas.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.