Systems Reliability Engineer (Japanese speaking)
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @NutanixJob Summary
We are ensuring the success of our groundbreaking technology through cluster health monitoring and quick response time. We are top-notch engineers from companies like Cisco, VMware, and Google with the ability to handle all problems that come our way. Working closely with Sales and Software Engineers, the SRE team acts as our customer’s champions and has guaranteed that not a single box has been returned.
Nutanix is seeking well-rounded junior and senior Systems Reliability Engineers, customer-facing engineers. You will support our systems in the field and provide an enriched and successful product experience. You will need to be the champion for Nutanix, building clustered converged storage and compute systems that combine solid state drives with an revolutionary file system to solve some of the biggest pain points in virtualization.
- Debug and diagnose customer issues encountered in the field.
- Improve serviceability of the product by developing tools to scale our field deployment and auto-support infrastructure.
- Provide analysis of the our existing customer base to avoid and minimize risks in the field.
- Define and drive changes to our product with the development engineering team, given feedback from customers and field implementations.
- Work with technology partners (ie. Vmware, Citrix, Fusion-IO, Mellanox, Microsoft) to resolve issues and push improvements in our ecosystem.
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases.
- Available to be on support weekdays and weekends on a rotational basis.
- Be a champion for our customers. Go above and beyond to support their business and use of the Nutanix product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- The passion & ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo.
- Willingness to work in a fast growing company with huge potential.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in virtualization (preferably Vmware ESXi), layer 2/3 networking, Linux systems administration, and storage analysis and troubleshooting.
- BS in Engineering (or equivalent technical degree and 5+ years work experience).
- Proficient in written and verbal Japanese
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.