MTS - Developer (Acropolis) (Contract)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion dollar virtualization market by pioneering the first converged compute & storage virtualization appliance that can incrementally scale out to manage petabytes of data while running tens of thousands of virtual machines. This brings with it new challenges in managing a cluster of distributed systems. It is also a hard problem to address the troubleshooting and debuggability/serviceability aspects of these complex systems.
- Design and develop cloud management stack for the Nutanix distributed cluster.
- Implement a highly scalable and reliable software management system for clusters that scale out to hundreds of hosts and thousands of Virtual Machines and containers.
- Constantly push towards making the Nutanix cloud management stack highly reliable, performant and user friendly.
- Be passionate about datacenter management problems and strive to come up with innovative solutions.
- Love of programming
- Excellent Python and C++, ideally for enterprise-quality software
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation tradeoffs in building clustered, high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure distributed systems software
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage and network management
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s and Master’s (preferred) in Computer Science
- 5-8 years of industry experience or equivalent research experience
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.