Lead Engineer, Server Hardware & Platforms
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
How often does one get to be part of a company's epic journey, which gives an opportunity to look back in a few years and say - "you know what, it all started with the small team that I was a key member of".
In this lead role, you will own qualification and approval of Nutanix ready server platforms. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide technical leadership on Server technology. Facilitate across engineering teams to explore new technologies and enable integration into platforms and Nutanix software solutions.
- Follow Server, Storage and Networking landscape closely, evaluate solutions from different suppliers, and own qualification processes for inclusion of the components into the Nutanix Compatibility list.
- Drive and guide component suppliers, platform vendors, and internal teams to meet rigorous qualification criteria.
- Own and develop test plans, identify test coverage gaps and coordinate test automation.
- Address customer escalations in a timely manner.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS in EE/CS/CE with a minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience, with 2+ years in a lead role.
- Thorough understanding of modern x86 server architectures and components like CPU, Memory, BMC, BIOS, HBA, NIC, NVME, RDMA, etc.
- Deep understanding and skills for debugging and root causing issues on Servers and Software
- Working experience with server virtualization technologies and familiarity with Hypervisor OS/Driver/Firmware interaction
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages is highly desired
- Strong problem-solving skills
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.