Director of Engineering
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
We are seeking a strong technical leader and motivator who owns and drives technical projects and provides leadership for groups of engineers in an innovative, productive and collaborative Agile environment. This role is responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
This role will support datacenter management plane team (Prism) in designing and implementing API infrastructure that enables developers to create and publish APIs.
What you’ll do:
- Manage complex technical projects and teams in the areas of API infrastructure, API governance, API extensibility, RBAC infrastructure, security, lifecycle management, self-service portal, etc.
- Live the Agile principles and create a high performing team through them
- Hire, mentor and grow passionate individuals who work well in strong teams
- Strong leader capable of motivating the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect
- That rare mix of intelligence, initiative, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of astute teams and individuals across the company
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven track record leading and building successful software teams
- 10+ years of industry experience with 5+ years in a management role
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with web servers and REST APIs a plus
- Familiarity with a broad mix of technologies such as Zookeeper, Cassandra, Docker, Kafka, OpenStack
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (vSphere (ESX), Hyper-V, or KVM) and storage space
- Desirable: Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Desirable: Experience in Datacenter management or Cloud management space
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.