MTS - Sr. UI Designer (f/m/d)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
As part of Global Design organization, the Berlin team is seeking an experienced UI Designer to join our creative forces.
Can you demonstrate strong design skills within the enterprise or commercial product and service environment? Are you passionate about creating simple and delightful interfaces for enterprise customers and work with cutting edge technology? Then you will feel at home in our fast growing, international design team.
We are looking for someone who can take the lead in further developing our design language and apply them to a variety of our products to create an outstanding and coherent product experience. You must be able to drive creative thinking methodologies to help shape our products. Have experience with iconography, typography, color, space to visualize solutions to complex problems.
The position requires a systems thinker that can find patterns and abstract them to serve a multitude of products. The role of a Visual Designer will rely on applying user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals — from concept to execution and drive delightful experiences for our customers.
In our newly established design and development center in Berlin, we rely on your empathy and positive energy to help us shape and develop our young culture to build a people-focused and design driven workplace where we all love to spend our time.
Perfect candidate will:
- Create, maintain, and evolve visual design guidelines for Nutanix’ products
- Communicate the value and functionality of Nutanix in design, icons, typography, color and illustration
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable design and drive UI component creation
- Partner with product designers to define the visual design strategy for the product, as well as working with other leads and cross-functional partners to drive consensus
- Drive product quality audits to ensure pixel-perfect implementation
- Define the direction of our flagship products design as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Share our Nutanix culture and process at the new design center in Berlin
- Help to identify talent, hiring and scaling the team in Berlin
- Take ownership to lead visual design projects by collaborating with a broader team of designers, product managers, UI developers and other engineering leaders globally
- Have an outstanding portfolio, showcasing a great sense of detail in interaction and visual design
- 5+ years of experience within the area of UI Design for web applications or Enterprise solutions
- Master’s degree in design/ graphic design/ fine art/ computer science or related CS/design field
- Experienced problem solver, requires very little guidance on projects, and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience working with a design system; From defining standards, maintenance, and consumption of it across teams
- Highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel
- Have working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices
- Expert understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion, but also skilled in multiple disciplines across Nutanix design
- Strong hands-on knowledge of latest wireframing / design and prototyping tools
- Familiar with design thinking facilitation and corresponding methods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively and concisely
- Experience working across multiple phases of design
- Fluent/advanced German and English skills
- Knowledgeable about accessibility guidelines and associated best practices
- Proficient in adapting latest responsive design techniques
Please submit both portfolio and CV for your application.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.