IT Deskside Support Technician (Contract)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Description of Job:
Nutanix is looking for an IT Deskside Support Technician to be part of the laptop encryption project, you will work in an extremely fast paced environment assisting a global team to encrypt all laptops in the EMEA region, both locally and via remote offices.
Daily responsibilities include imaging/building laptops, deploying machines, troubleshooting hardware/software issues, receiving and organizing stock surplus, as well as assisting local IT with support. You will be responsible for completing (resolving) tasks, requests, or issues that are assigned to them or assigned to their region (as a part of the project or otherwise).
You should also have strong written and verbal communication, solid hardware/software troubleshooting for common desktop/laptop issues, and a customer focused mentality. Our overall goal is to provide a world class customer support experience that is hyper focused on efficiently encrypting all laptops in the EMEA region.
- Build, configure, support and troubleshooting hardware and software issues on laptops and desktops
- Interact with customers at all levels of the company
- Must demonstrate excellent written/verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to respond positively in stressful situations
- Reimage laptops/desktops, backup user’s data, migrate users and reconfigure users’ custom settings
- Assists with IT Encryption project (Primary focus)
- Maintain and update inventory in asset tracking system
- Provide end-user training as needed
- Update project list and keeping track of laptops that a part of the project
- 2+ years of experience providing hardware and software support for desktop/laptop on MAC/Windows OS
- Solid experience with MAC OS 10.12 and 10.13
- Solid experience with Windows 7 and 10 (Lenovo experience is a plus)
- Solid understanding of basic Active Directory principles
- 2+ years software support, especially Microsoft 365, OKTA, Slack, and VPN clients on MAC/PC
- Experience with inventory tracking and maintaining the integrity of the collected asset information
- Strong written and oral communication, and excellent customer service skills
- Microsoft/Apple/A+ certifications are a plus!
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as needed
- A can-do attitude with a dependable work ethic
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.