Systems Reliability Engineer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix solutions leverage web-scale engineering and consumer-grade design to converge Data Centre infrastructure (compute, storage and virtualisation) into intuitive software which delivers any application at any scale.
Founded in 2009 in Silicon Valley, we have been a publicly held company since 2016 and number 5500 Nutants world-wide. We’ve just been named 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for Hyper-Converged Systems too, (despite the David and Goliath size differences!)
Nutanix is in a period of hyper-growth. As we expand into new markets, seize market share and execute the vision of truly invisible infrastructure, opportunities to earn, learn and grow abound.
You are a person who truly resonates with our values; Hungry, Humble & Honest with Heart. You obsess over the customer and have a bias for action towards their needs. You own your successes and failures alike, always striving to improve and develop yourself and those around you. You keep the big picture in view but know that in IT, a marathon is a series of sprints.
The SRE team at Nutanix ensures the success of our groundbreaking technology through cluster health monitoring, quick response time, and unparalleled customer intimacy. We are world-class engineers from leading virtualisation, compute, and networking companies with the ability to handle all problems that come our way. Working closely with Sales and Software Engineers, the support team acts as our customers’ champions.
Nutanix is seeking well-rounded, junior and senior, customer facing Technical Support Engineers. You will support our cloud solution in the field and provide an enriched and successful product experience. You will need to be the champion for Nutanix, providing an over the top support experience to our customers leveraging our private cloud solution.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and diagnose customer issues encountered in the field.
- Improve serviceability of the product by testing new features and developing tools to scale our field deployment and auto-support infrastructure.
- Provide analysis of our existing customer base to avoid and minimize risks in the field.
- Define and lead changes to our product with our development engineering team based on feedback from customers and field implementations.
- Work with technology partners (e.g. VMware, Citrix, Microsoft) to resolve issues and push improvements in our ecosystem.
- Develop and work on internal and external knowledge bases.
- Provide support on weekdays and also off hours on an as needed and scheduled rotational basis. Days in lieu provided.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant work experience in troubleshooting at least two of the following: Virtualization (preferably VMware ESXi), Networking (preferably layer 2/3), Linux Systems (preferably CLI administration), Storage Analysis.
- BS in Engineering or CS (or equivalent technical degree) OR advanced level certifications in relevant technologies.
- Competitive salary package, (base, super, equity and perks)
- Comprehensive private health insurance for you and your family
- Industry leading product training and certifications
- Pathways to specialised technical, consultation and leadership positions for strong performers.
- Yearly international conferences (often in our Silicon Valley Head Office)
- Brand new Barangaroo offices with state of the art amenities.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.