Senior Manager, Deal Desk - APJ
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
As the Senior Manager of our APJ Deal Desk, you will be intricate leader of the Global Commercial Strategy team and will play a pivotal role in implementing a dynamic new function that will support the APJ Sales teams.
You will develop and manage processes across pricing, deal review and deal structuring and manage a team that will enable the success of our Sales teams. The role will require thought leadership and the ability to work cross-functionally with the business and liaison between the Sales teams and external customer requirements.
Organizationally, this is a highly visible role that will report into the Global Director of Commercial Strategy but will work daily supporting our APJ Sales teams, Sales leadership, Finance, Accounting and Legal organizations.
The ideal candidate will be able to help design, implement and manage processes, influence deal structuring and pricing, work effectively with Sales and most importantly build a successful APJ deal desk function. As a self-motivated problem solver, vast experience is required in building teams and implementing business processes.
- Grow and manage highly skilled deal desk and quote support teams to enable our APJ Sales teams
- Develop lean deal desk processes to enable the effectiveness of our Field Sales teams
- Manage daily quote approval process, non-standard deal requirements and deal review cycle
- Maintain an evolving subject matter expertise in APJ pricing trends and competitive pressures to recommend competitive deal structures
- Support APJ Sales Leaders in execution of Nutanix’s most complex opportunities and remain a pillar for any required escalations to get deals done
- Sustain Field Sales accountability across deal life cycle requirements
- Display executive level influence to gain organizational support for any necessary process or pricing changes
- Contract standard pricing agreement structures
- Develop comprehensive KPIs to track the team’s success
- Provide Field Sales training and enablement of quoting, pricing, process requirements
- Ability to build, grow and manage a successful deal desk function
- Working cross functionally to improve business processes
- Influence pricing strategy with Field Sales teams
- Thorough understanding of all industry standard and non-standard software selling models, including subscription, SaaS, term, perpetual, on demand, consumption, etc.
- Vast understanding of revenue recognition requirements
- Ability to motivate, train, and manage remote teams
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, who is not afraid of uncertainty
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Always, think outside the box to help solve problems of our customers to meet the needs of their customers
- Ability to travel within managed territory
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years in Deal Desk management or similar Sales Operations function
- Extensive experience understanding and influencing Field Sales behaviours
- Excellent analytical and pricing skills
- Previous experience building and enabling new teams AND processes
- Proven track record of effectively managing both local and remote teams
- Detail-oriented but can also see the big picture. You can crunch the numbers and articulate the key takeaways in an executive summary
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.