Bid Manager EMEA
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The EMEA Global Accounts sales organization is looking for a sales-centric, experienced Bid Manager to orchestrate, develop and deliver compliant, cohesive and compelling SOWs, Proposals and other supporting materials for our Global Accounts Sales teams. You will partner closely with functions including Sales, Advisory, Delivery, Legal, Finance, Sales Operations and other groups. You will also be responsible for helping to maintain our content library, build the team, train our stakeholders, and both define and refine processes, procedures, standards and tools based on company and industry-standard best practices.
- Qualify requests, help define plan to estimate, to scope and to develop proposals.
- Analyze customer needs and requirements and research Nutanix and other various sources of information to compose custom and boilerplate business and technical content that effectively communicate the scope and value of our services
- Review customer-defined scope & requirements, as well as business, technical, legal, and financial requirements and develop the plan, outline, and timetable to deliver a compelling, compliant response.
- Coordinate the information required to produce the SOWs, proposals and other materials, manage multiple projects at once to meet deadlines.
- Manage the bid process for our largest and most complex customers.
- Work closely with various resources including but not limited to Sales, Advisory, Delivery, Legal, Finance Sales, Operations and other groups.
- Create, collect, proofread, organize, format and review drafts and final editions of documents for readability and alignment with customer requirements and compliance with Nutanix business and legal policies and practices.
- Review documents and revisions with EMEA sales leadership.
- Prepare and participate in Deal Validation meetings for large SOWs, review SOW contents with participants and explain content. Manage updates as applicable.
- Follow-up on opportunity progress and closing plans.
- Collaborate with other team members as well as cross-functional subject matter experts to periodically review and update or retire bid processes, procedures, standards and tools.
- Augment and manage knowledgebase to provide response content that includes only the most accurate and current company, software and services information.
- Maintain / expand current knowledge of the platform via internal webinars, case study, training and all other resources available.
- Provide mentoring to junior PS team members on company proposal processes and company/industry best practices.
- Communicate with and train Sales, Architects, Advisors, Practice Directors and other cross-functional organizations on proposal best practices, policies, and processes/procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of proposals submitted as well as drafts, approvals, and other supporting documents.
Your Qualifications and Experience
- The ability to comprehend, communicate, and cohesively orchestrate complex business, technical and legal requirements, information and materials.
- The ability to build and maintain partnership with Sales and Sales supporting teams.
- Creative and keen eye for graphical and document design details.
- Superior writing, copy-editing, spelling, grammar, punctuation and style skills.
- First-class professional and interpersonal communication skills for collaboration with various groups.
- Excellent organization and time management skills to oversee simultaneously occurring projects, tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to thrive and adapt creatively and successfully to constant change in a fast-paced and team-oriented sales environment.
- Proven critical thinking and effective decision-making abilities.
- Understanding of sales lifecycle/stages and outcomes.
- Capable of working independently and in collaboration with remote resources to meet deadlines.
- Able to comprehend, communicate and cohesively organize complex business, technical and legal concepts, information and materials.
- Expert knowledge of office productivity, word-processing and various other computer-based or online website proposal software. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 3-5 years of experience producing SOWs and proposals for high-value contracts.
- Consulting experience (technical, project management, etc.) is not mandatory but is a plus.
- Experience with working with software vendors is not mandatory but is a plus.
- Technical or university degree in business, communications, English, marketing, publishing, computer science or equivalent experience preferred
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.