Sr. Revenue Manager
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix is looking for a high performing Revenue Manager to help develop and grow the company’s revenue accounting operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for the timely performance of month end close responsibilities, fulfillment of internal and external audit requests, and help design operational procedures and processes for new products and programs. The individual must be a self-starter and work with limited direction while taking full ownership of their areas of responsibility. They will be expected to problem solve, lead automation projects, recommend solutions, and exercise good business judgment while performing their functions.
- Assist with month end close procedures including preparation and/or review of journal entries, reconciliations, and other duties as necessary
- Ensure an accurate and timely, monthly, quarterly, and year-end close;
- Fulfill internal and external audit requests
- Prepare documentation and testing of SOX controls related to revenue; maintain control documentation and key controls while ensuring compliance
- Research revenue recognition issues and draft technical accounting memos
- Perform contract review to ensure compliance with GAAP and internal policies
- Work closely with Product Managers/Finance IT teams on design, deliver, and implementation of the system solutions for new products and programs.
- Identify process gaps and independently develop and implement solutions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal team members and cross-functional teams
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and UAT testing
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other business related field
- CPA a plus
- 5-8 years of combined experience working at a Big 4 accounting firm as well as publicly-traded software company
- Demonstrated expertise in revenue recognition, with strong focus on software revenue recognition
- Strong technical accounting skills as well as solid knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley / internal control frameworks
- Proficiency in accounting systems, spreadsheets, databases, and business analytics applications; experience with Netsuite. Salsesforce, and Zuora is a strong plus
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.