Deal Desk Analyst
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Deal Desk Analyst
Sales Operations – AMERICAS
As a Deal Desk Analyst, you will be an intricate member of the Deal Solutions team, which rolls up into the Sales Operations department of Nutanix and is focused largely on supporting the Field Sales Team in deal pricing and helping the execution of our pricing strategy. The ideal candidate will be able to help manage between the Organization goals and enabling the Field to execute pricing strategies with Customers. This includes working with the Field to maximize Nutanix revenues in deal structuring, recommending varying selling models, engaging with Finance to evaluate acceptable price points and investment accounts, collaborating with Product Management to understand varying product options to meet customer needs and understanding the entire customer ecosystem to ensure Nutanix can maximize its value and increase share in the market.
You will collaborate very closely with the Field Sales Team, Sales Operations, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Cloud Economist team and Product Management as well as other internal stakeholders to ensure that the Field Sales Teams have the support needed to execute Organizational goals.
Global Deal Solutions
- Support our Global Sales Organization on pricing related to strategic programs and initiatives
- Recommend pricing structures based on Customer’s business drivers and ability to sell value
- Provide detailed reporting to Regional Directors and VP’s and collaborate closely with Sales Management to drive regionally focused pricing strategies
- Engage closely with Legal to support nonstandard commercial terms and conditions
- Build business cases for investment accounts to gain Executive support and remain an active player throughout the sales cycle
- Daily review of deal financials, pricing and business risk required
- Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies and serve as an escalation point to business leaders
- Complete ad-hoc projects as required
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with Customers, sales persons, internal teams, and external partners & distributors
- Ability to execute quickly and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Must be willing to work extended hours during end of quarters.
- Familiarity with working with Sales teams in a deal desk or commercial-selling function
- Expertise with varying software selling models (i.e. term licenses, perpetual, SaaS, subscription, utility consumption)
- Strong and active listening skills and overall communication skills, both written and verbal
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to be responsible, flexible, accountable and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, adapt and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Experience meeting with Customers
- Advanced Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related area of study
- 5+ years of deal desk, finance, software-selling and/or sales operations experience
- Prior experience with Salesforce is a plus
©2018 Nutanix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.