MTS- Sr. Cloud Platform Engineer (Data Plane)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
MTS- Sr. Cloud Platform Engineer (Data Plane)
With the proliferation of billions of IoT devices at the Edge, generating vast amount of useful data, we need a decentralized computing platform that caters to variety of data processing applications ranging from real time processing, machine learning and inferencing to long term archival and retrieval of data.
The Nutanix Team:
We are building a new team to build and intelligent edge computing platform. This is an opportunity to be an early engineer on this team. Our high level goal is to craft an IoT "OS" that makes the Edge and Cloud into one seamless entity for IoT developers. This is also an opportunity to work in a team of diverse skills. You will get a chance to apply and broaden your expertise in machine learning, data science, security, distributed systems, cloud services, serverless architectures, large scale sensor/device management.
Our Cloud Platform Engineer for the data plane is tasked with building data plane of the system that spans from the Edge to the Cloud. Our Cloud Platform Engineer will put efficiency and performance at scale as top priority. You will build a platform that will support data processing pipelines across myriad of use cases in variety of industry verticals, demanding various degrees of latency and throughput characteristics. You will build a platform that provides data storage, data migration in secure, multi-tenant environment.
- Be part of the small team that’s developing Intelligent Edge Computing Platform service
- Design and implement various modules in the platform that enable data flows through the system and connect Edge to the Cloud
- Design and implement various microservices to provide robust function as a service experience (Data Acquisition, Data Persistence, Data movement, Event Processing) inside the platform
- Design and implement various data migration techniques over WAN.
- Design and implement remote debugging and troubleshooting in various platform components
- Proficient in modern programming languages like Java, Python, GOLANG
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, Attention to details
- Excellent grasp of software architecture and design as well as microservices based architectures
- Phenomenal understanding of code optimization for performance and scalability
- Be a Team player, Communicate and collaborate well in a team environment
- Experience developing containerized applications or services, on Docker ecosystem or Kubernetes ecosystem is a plus
- Exposure to serverless frameworks is a plus
- Exposure to developing data processing applications on native platform services on public clouds (AWS, Google, Azure) is a plus
- 5+ years of experience building large scale distributed systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.