Security Operations Engineer (Contract)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
- Handle the daily monitoring of information security events
- Function as an intrusion analyst by examining security events for context, appropriateness and criticality
- Perform in-depth analysis and subtle event detection
- Act as an information security researcher to provide insight and understanding of new and existing information security threats
Key Operational Activities
- Daily checklists and tasks
- Log analysis and review
- Vulnerability management activities
- Alert analysis
- Investigation of suspicious security event activity
- Maintain and enforce adherence to corporate standards, policies and procedures
- Monitor threat intelligence feeds for newly identified malware, vulnerabilities, exploits
- Develop and implement automation and correlation rules
- Identify false positives for SIEM tuning and filtering
Key Job Functions
- Keep SOC documentation current
- Understand the latest security information and exposure to the enterprise
- Understand security device functions and outputs as it relates to:
- Vulnerability Scan
- Understand vulnerabilities to the enterprise
- Participate in log analysis and filter/rule definition
- Understand technical information on security threats and vulnerability trends
- Create automation playbooks for processing of Information Security Events
- Assist in product evaluations and recommendations
Key Job Skills
- Strong knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP)
- Knowledge in a common scripting language (Python, Perl, Java)
- Knowledge of security issues surrounding UNIX, Windows, network devices
- General understanding of packet analysis and log analysis
- General understanding of vulnerability management
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Experience and Education
- 3 – 5 years of IT experience
- Direct experience in Information Security a plus
- Bachelors degree in information technology or related studies
- Certifications such as Security+, GSEC, SSCP a plus
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.