UI/UX Designer (Contract)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.Duration: 6 months + extensions
Location: San Jose
As part of the Global Design organization, the design team is seeking a strong designer for the SJC office. We are looking for someone who has rich design experience along with a passion for simplifying the complex. The ideal candidate will have some familiarity with the market space in which we compete.
The perfect candidate will:
● Take ownership to lead design projects by collaborating with a broader team of designers, Product Managers, UI developers, back end engineers and other Engineering leaders globally
● Define the direction of our flagship product’s design as a part of a multidisciplinary team
● Work with UI development and backend engineering teams to ensure the effective execution of designs
● Have a strong Design and UX portfolio in enterprise/ data visualization projects
● Have an ability to challenge the status quo with attention to detail on UX and micro-interactions
● Strong visual design skills.
● Able to work effectively in a fast-moving environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work
● Stay current on technology trends to inform and inspire modern design.
● Have strong presentation and communication skills
● Able to explain the rationale for design decisions within a larger context. Regularly communicates project status and shares design iterations
● Understands the mission and goals of design and is able to communicate this to product teams
● 4+ years of user experience design experience for web applications with bachelor’s degree in design/ graphic design/ fine art/ computer science or related CS/design field
● Passion for design, telling customer stories, and simplifying the complex problems
● Strong working knowledge of latest wireframing/ design and prototyping tools
● Familiar with usability testing (in person and remote), user research, contextual inquiry, interviews, qualitative design analysis, and design thinking
● Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively and concisely
● Experience working across multiple phases of design (interaction, visual design, and prototyping)
● 7-8 yrs of hands-on experience with advanced degrees (Masters, PhD, etc.)
● Strong interest in data visualization and enterprise software
● Have working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.