Staff UI Designer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The design team is seeking a strong Staff UI Designer for the San Jose office. This is a Staff level position. We are looking for someone with a passion for data visualization and simplicity, whose portfolio demonstrates strong design skills for enterprise product design. You will lead a team of talented, driven designers to shape our path forward, evolve our design culture and provide creative leadership to our teams and customers. You have deep understanding and experience in design and leading teams, and proven experience as an accomplished Principal or Staff level in a multi-disciplinary design environment.
You will be develop a clear and cohesive point of view about a range of future experiences, grow and develop our designs to meet those future needs and build core competencies in Design. This means we need someone at the helm who not only has a deep understanding of design and industry trends, but a forward-thinking leader who can provide experienced guidance and leadership to oversee this growth/A gifted mentor and leader, you're skilled at drawing out a diverse team's individual talents and setting high and consistent standards for design quality and creative process. You model and encourage collaboration as you translate product challenges and objectives into strategic concepts and production-ready solutions.
- Set design vision for the team and be able to communicate that across Exec leadership and functional teams.
- Serves as a Design consultant to management and project teams across the company.
- Lead UI Design vision and products by collaborating with a broader team of designers, Product Managers, UI developers and other Engineering leaders
- Work with cross functional team on the direction of our flagship product’s design
- Have an ability to challenge status quo with attention to detail on UI and micro-interactions
- Influences opinions and drives decisions on products, solutions, and company objectives
- Work with UI development and backend engineering teams to ensure effective execution of designs.
- Exceptional visual design skills and have a strong Design and UI/UX portfolio.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-moving environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work
- Stay current on technology trends to inform and inspire modern design.
- Has strong Presentation and Communication Skills
- Have to present and communicate their design vision to all partners and product team
- Attracts and develops talented design leads who are most capable of driving company success
- Accurately assesses and coaches promising individuals; Gives honest feedback. Acts as a mentor and empowers others.
- Contributes to external conferences and workshops, presents papers/case-studies, publishes blogs/articles etc
- 10+ years of UI design experience for web applications with bachelor’s degree in design/ graphic design/ fine art/ computer science or related CS/design field
- Proficient in UI standards and interactions.
- Passion for design, telling customer stories, and simplifying the complex problems
- Strong working knowledge on the latest wireframing/ design and prototyping tools
- Familiar with usability testing (in person and remote), user research, contextual inquiry, interviews, qualitative design analysis, and design thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively and concisely
- Experience working across multiple phases of design (interaction, visual design and prototyping)
- 10-12 yrs of hands on experience with advanced degrees (Masters, PhD, etc.)
- Strong interest in data visualization and enterprise software
- Have working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices
- The perfect candidate may have experience as a Creative Director and work that spans Brand, Product, Digital, and Environmental on both a strategic and tactical design level.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.