MTS - Senior Cloud DevOps - (Full Stack )
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The Xi Cloud DevOps position provides an outstanding breadth developer involvement in both architecting, delivering and operating critical environments in a micro-services architecture on a new cloud platform. If you have a strong base in full stack development with an emphasis on the data layers and micro-services design model then you are a good match. Modules include development for developer on-boarding, deployment dashboards, CICD, production monitoring and tooling. This is working on new product development efforts so most areas are relatively new and getting built from the ground up.
- Design and develop software for a converged computing + storage platform for the software defined data center.
- Support On-boarding new customers, keep existing services running to requirements, and tackle needed DevOps flaws.
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design creative solutions for customer requirements.
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed storage systems.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a dynamic environment.
- Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: Python, Go, or Java, ideally for enterprise-quality software.
- Understanding on React and basic UI elements is a plus.
- Understanding of, to experience with Docker, Kubernetes and telemetry platforms - AWS based a plus
- Good understanding of Linux, and specifically how Linux and open source projects support Kubernetes and Cloud
- Experience working with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferred
- Familiarity with Linux OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation trade-offs in building clustered, high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage management.
- 6+ years of programming or combined DevOps / programming experience preferred
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree OR Masters in Computer Science or related field required.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.