Senior Systems Reliability Engineer Tools Developer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with extremely smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. You will work on hard problems at scale and will have autonomy to deliver.
We are looking for candidates that are energetic, creative with strong technical skills. Nutanix welcomes big thinkers , those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a Tools/ DevOps team along the way.
Ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, have good verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple tasks at once. Must be able to work independently and maintain professionalism under pressure. Should be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. Must have the ability to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills related to virtualization, AWS, Linux, storage and network management
- Strong practical Linux systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Strong scripting experience (Bash, Python)
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, VPN, load balancing and firewalling.
- AWS experience is needed, other cloud platforms nice to have.
- Docker containerization experience is a plus
- Experience working with NoSQL (MongoDB) databases, and distributed computing technologies
- Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git).
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5 and AJAX.
- Integration of user-facing (React) elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3 or more years overall development experience
- 2 or more years experience with UNIX/Linux operating system
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.