Director of Product Management, Platforms
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Director of Product Management, Platforms
We are looking for a Director of Product Management with superior leadership, analytical, strategic, and mentorship skills to be part of our dynamic and growing NX Appliance team. You will lead NX appliance platform strategy, roadmap, and execution at Nutanix. This role will actively engage with Customers, Sales, Engineering, Partners to understand market trends, build strong business cases, and lead the product planning and delivery. This position will be based at Nutanix HQ in San Jose, CA.
- Lead NX appliances product portfolio and business. Track and manage KPIs
- Direct a team of high-energy product managers focused on NX appliance offerings. Maintain high level of engagement and employee NPS. Develop each team members’ career path
- Lead research and analysis of technology, customer, and competitor trends to develop platform portfolio strategy and roadmap
- Work closely with customers and field (eg. sales, SEs, solution architects, technology partners, channel partners) to represent voice of the customer and field in planning
- Address different market segments, workloads, and use cases (such as datacenter/ROBO, VDI, server-virtualization, databases, big data, ML/AI, etc.) with compelling turnkey solutions with Nutanix’s NX appliance portfolio
- Identify, prioritize, and address requirements of enterprise customers for existing and emerging use cases with evolving datacenter deployment considerations
- Lead different aspects of platform strategy and execution across compute, storage, networking, and infrastructure software
- Drive pricing analysis and decisions for new and existing offerings
- Communicate 360 degrees to influence and build alignment on roadmap and execution plan across executives and cross-functional partners
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to drive NPI and In-market roadmap execution
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field is required. MBA preferred
- 7+ years of extensive product leadership, planning, communication, organization, and people management and influence skills
- Experience with enterprise storage, server, or networking appliances, enterprise software, datacenter infrastructure product/solution offerings
- Must have business acumen and ability to build business cases, communicate effectively with professionally done presentations and write-ups, influence others, and measure success
- People management experience required
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise datacenter hardware platform/appliance and software development methods and processes
- Develop, install, and evaluate new and revised methods, procedures, and performance standards to meet established goals and objectives
- Ability to be self-motivated towards the achievement and measurement of established goals
- Aptitude to develop and maintain satisfactory working relationships with both the client and internal staff members and to deal effectively with conflicts
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.