Food Handler / Housekeeper (Seasonal)
Food Handler / Housekeeper
Job Title: Food Handler / Housekeeper
Location: Green Bank Observatory
State: West Virginia
City: Green Bank
Job Schedule: Full Time Temporary
Department: Green Bank Business Hospitality Division
Salary Interval: Non-Exempt
Job Schedule: Temporary/Rotating Shift
Duration: Approximately 3 Months
Under direct supervision, cleans rooms, apartments, and hallways in Residence Hall; prepares and serves food; and cleans cafeteria. This is a Safety Sensitive Position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleans lobby, lounge, rest rooms, corridors, stairways, rooms, and apartments in Residence Hall. Typical cleaning duties include but are not limited to:
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Makes beds.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies and linens
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Does laundry for Residence Hall rooms and cafeteria, including sorting, counting, folding, and carrying linens.
- Prepares food in quantities according to menu and anticipated number of persons to be served. May cut meat.
- Takes food orders from customers, prepares and serves food items, as requested.
- Operates cash register to ring up customer purchases; accepts customer charges to room or division, or accepts cash payment and makes change.
- Cleans all areas of kitchen and cafeteria, including dishes, tables, chairs, serving line, counters, refrigerators/freezers, grill, oven, deep fryer, stove, steam table, dishwasher, storage room, food shelves, windows, blinds, and walls as required.
- Proactive compliance with GBO and government safety policies and procedures in own work area is expected.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED; or six months related experience and/or training preferred. Prostart Certification required if no prior experience.
State Health Department Food Handlers Card is required for food service workers.
The ability to verify contents of shipments against bills of lading or invoices
Follow written and verbal directions.
Customer services skills.
Additional Requirements: State Health Department Food Handlers Card
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work Environment: Work is performed in both kitchen and hotel/resident hall environments. The employee is required to work a rotating schedule, which includes weekdays, weekday evenings, and weekend days
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb stairs, talk, hear, taste, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee will work with power tools, such as a vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaner, and meat slicer. The employee will be exposed to dust; chemicals and solvents, such as those used in cleaning; fumes; and pesticides. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color and depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The selected candidate must successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment/pre-placement drug screen. Failure to pass the Screen will disqualify the candidate from employment consideration for a period of six months from the date of the results.
Apply online at the Associated University Inc. / NRAO / GBO Careers page; upload CV/Resume and letter of interest.
AUI is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)