Web and Digital Media Intern (4474)
The National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) announces an opportunity for a self-starter who is interested in learning web development in an educational environment. We are currently recruiting a part-time Web and Digital Media intern within our Education and Public Outreach (EPO) team.
This 10 week internship will be based at our NRAO headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia located on the grounds of the University of Virginia (www.virginia.edu).
Job Duties Summary
In collaboration with NRAO’s EPO web software developer, the Web and Digital Media intern will:
- Help organize, update, and maintain public website digital assets
- Complete minor web edits, page designs or layouts
- Help identify areas of improvement for public website
- Help with beta testing new website UI and educational materials
Candidates should have experience in the following areas:
- Common web CMS platforms such as WordPress, Joomla, etc.
- Basic understanding of digital asset file types and meta data
- Knowledge of hosting platforms like Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- Some astronomical education or knowledge
Candidates should show strong interest in learning web development in an educational environment, learn more about radio astronomy and be self-starters.
Apply online at the NRAO Careers page (http://jobs.jobvite.com/nrao/jobs). You will need to be prepared to upload your current resume and a cover letter describing interest and suitability for the position. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
AUI is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Minorities, Vietnam-Era Veterans, Disabled Veterans, Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. To view our complete statement, please visit http://jobs.jobvite.com/nrao/jobs. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email to email@example.com.
The NRAO is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)
The National Radio Astronomy Observatory is a facility of the National Science Foundation operated under cooperative agreement by Associated Universities, Inc.