Business Systems Analyst I- UPDATED
The National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) is seeking to recruit a Business Systems Analyst I to join our team in Charlottesville, Virginia. The business systems analyst supports observatory-wide operations by leveraging information technology resources to provide insight, analysis and strategy regarding the organization’s financial position. This includes assisting with the design, development, and implementation of reporting solutions for various organizational stakeholders. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to learn, execute and maintain the observatory cost allocation process, and provide input into observatory-wide financial and accounting processes. Additionally, the business systems analyst will support and lead, as necessary, training sessions on the use of common observatory reporting tools.
The NRAO has enabled forefront research into the Universe at radio wavelengths for more than sixty years. We provide state-of-the-art radio telescope facilities for use by the international scientific community. The position will be based at our headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia.
In addition to competitive pay, NRAO provides excellent paid time off benefits (vacation and sick leave). Medical, dental and vision plans are effective first day of employment. NRAO’s retirement benefit contributes an amount equal to 10 percent of a qualified participant’s base pay. No contribution is required of the employee; we also offer an optional supplemental, tax-deferred plan for employee retirement contributions.
Job Duties Summary
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited, to:
- Creating and updating technical system reports.
- Assisting with cost allocation process.
- Creating and executing system queries and summaries.
- Performing system maintenance and account setup verification.
- Reviewing and evaluating period-ending financial data.
- Correcting labor and expense transactions as requested.
- Evaluating and testing system enhancements and upgrades.
- Providing miscellaneous user support.
- May maintain interfaces to various project management tools.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or other related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
No prior experience necessary. Demonstrated proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel). Experience with SQL highly preferred.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn financial analysis and the use of multiple software tools (DAS, Excel, SQL).
- Familiarity with general accounting concepts practices and procedures and ability to generate reporting and analysis based on the data in our accounting systems.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to interact within a team but must also have the ability to work self-directed.
- Willing to participate in group discussions and offer input to solve emerging challenges within the department.
Apply online at the NRAO Careers page (http://jobs.jobvite.com/nrao/jobs). You will need to be prepared to upload your current resume and a cover letter describing interest and suitability for the position. Applications will be reviewed beginning July 8, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
AUI is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Minorities, Vietnam-Era Veterans, Disabled Veterans, Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. To view our complete statement, please visit http://jobs.jobvite.com/nrao/jobs. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NRAO is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)
The National Radio Astronomy Observatory is a facility of the National Science Foundation operated under cooperative agreement by Associated Universities, Inc.