Administrative Assistant II (Compliance Record Keeping Specialist)
Administrative Assistant II
(Compliance Record Keeping Specialist)
Secondary Job Title:
Compliance Record Keeping Specialist
Number of Openings:
Job Type (Employment Type):
Internal Posting Begin Date:
Internal Posting End Date:
Level of Education:
Years of Experience:
Responsible for the coordination and operation of assigned administrative activities and coordinates service functions within the Environmental, Safety & Security (ESS) division such as training recordkeeping, medical record maintenance, and program manual updates. Closely coordinates needs and functions or various assigned phases of the Division’s administrative activities, meeting management requirements for administrative assistance as necessary in such areas as records management, payroll, budget, purchasing, travel, meeting planning, and follow-up, etc. The position requires a high level of professionalism, judgement, confidentiality and initiative in interactions with internal and external clients. Work is performed under general supervision of the Environment, Safety & Security Manager and works in conjunction with site Safety Officer(s).
Job Duties Summary
ESS Division Specific duties include:
- Update of enterprise-wide training recordkeeping to include validation and entry of ES&S training records, new hire updates and employee termination changes.
- Update of the ES&S Administrative Manual including recommendations for revision to record retention policy requirements.
- Regularly update ES&S program manual including formatting, proofing, tracking and distribution.
- Review training materials, post to internal web pages, and ensure consistency with enterprise-wide training software tracking efforts.
- Track results from ES&S medical examinations, training requirements, and regular inspections.
- Process employee requests for personal protective equipment, emergency services supplies and equipment and invoice/purchase order paperwork processing for ES&S contracts for inspections, etc.
- Maintain ES&S internal web pages, update as requested, and monitor/control the ES&S server filing system.
- Assist in the preparation and administration of the assigned ES&S budget, including preparation of budget reports.
- Responsible for compliance reporting including tracking Accident/Injury log updates and OSHA 300 log maintenance and posting.
- Responsible for Workers Comp claim submissions, tracking and follow-up.
- Maintain security issues log, master key log and updates, key card system-door programming / access group programming, etc. as the GB ID/Key card administrator, and GB Security camera maintenance.
- Proactive compliance with NRAO and government safety policies and procedures in own work area is expected.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education: Associates degree or equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Minimum Experience: A minimum of four years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be an active member of the ES&S Department.
- Thorough understanding of Division functions and Observatory policies; the ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures, and to make decisions in accordance with regulations and established policies.
- Must be able to understand administrative requirements from applicable OSHA and NFPA Standards.
- Must be a self-starter, innovative, and work independently to complete projects.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and think creatively about solutions.
- Must have strong communication and written skills.
- Must be organized and manage time effectively.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work in a strong team environment.
- Ability to use office equipment and personal computer and email.
- Perform light to moderate lifting and carrying.
- Standing, walking or sitting for prolonged periods of time
Nature of Work: Work is performed in a typical office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically sits at a desk, uses a personal computer, telephone, photocopier, facsimile, and other standard office equipment; the ability to climb stairs is required. The employee may occasionally be required to work outside around construction equipment. The employee may occasionally drive a vehicle, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee frequently is required to communicate in person, by electronic mail, and by telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Applicants submitting their application to AUI/NRAO are invited to apply online at www.nrao.edu/Careers
The NRAO is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)