AUI Facility Security Officer
Associated Universities, Inc. (AUI) is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity at our headquarters – Facility Security Officer. AUI Labs is looking for a Facility Security Officer (FSO) to be responsible for the day to day execution of our security program at our headquarters facility in Northern Virginia reporting to our Chief of Staff. Responsibilities include developing, implementing, and maintaining security procedures as required by the Department of Defense (DoD), and the National Industrial Security Manual (NISPOM) and AUI corporate and local policy. The FSO will interface with appropriate agencies on security clearance matters, rulings, and interpretations of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and execution of all assigned classified contracts to ensure protection of sensitive and proprietary information, assets and employees.
AUI provides excellent paid time off benefits (vacation and sick leave). Medical, dental and vision plans are effective first day of employment. After one year of employment, AUI’s retirement benefit contributes an amount equal to 10 percent of a qualified participant’s base pay. No contribution is required of the employee; we also offer an optional supplemental, tax-deferred plan for employee retirement contributions.
Job Duties Summary
Key responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Subject matter expert of federal security procedures and policies: Properly maintain DISS/JPAS database to include processing personnel clearances, security indoctrination briefings, debriefings, annual refresher briefings and all other briefings as required by the NISPOM. Process Visit Authorization Requests (via DISS/JPAS or manually). Investigate and report security violations and incident reports, completing Reports of Investigation (ROI) on applicable security matters.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF): Maintain the structural integrity of the SCIF, manage and monitor access, and administer security education.
- Internal collaboration and communication: Lead security initiatives for the company and communicate all relative information to management and employees. Collaborate with all relevant departments to ensure full compliance with the NISPOM. Mentor, coach, and review employees for proper security adherence. Assist management and employees in all security related administrative tasks.
- Primary liaison with external customers and agencies: Advise and coordinate contractual security requirements and DD-254s with various federal agencies. Address and solve security problems with all levels of employees and customer representatives. Lead self-inspections and other assessments such as the Defense Security Service Security Vulnerability Assessment and all other internal audits and inspections related to security and compliance. Liaise with outside agencies and keep management informed of all security activities.
- Provide ongoing company-wide security awareness: Develop and oversee policies and procedures in security awareness and implement a continuous company-wide security education and training program. Administer AUI Labs Insider Threat Program and serve as the Insider Threat Program Senior Official (ITPSO). Administer badging requirements for the facility. Perform other related duties required to ensure a comprehensive and viable security program within the guidelines of the NISPOM as well as AUI Labs Security Program.
Work is typically conducted in an office and light electronics laboratory environment. Regular travel is unlikely.
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, and minimum 5 years’ experience.
- U.S. Citizenship and active TS/SCI
- In-depth working knowledge of NISPOM
- Experience with DISS/JPAS, e-FCL, ISFD, e-QIP, SWFT, ACCS, and other security accounts
- Familiarity with Director of Central Intelligence Directives (DCIDs) and Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs)
- Experience working in a classified environment while managing all aspects of the classified areas (i.e. access, accountability, auditing, emergencies, incidents, reports, alarms, etc.)
- Ability to analyze problems, provide focused solutions, and execute sound decisions through effective communication to various internal and external audiences
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a bias for action. Ability to build high-trust partnerships with management, employees, and external security team members
- Experienced as a COMSEC Custodian.
- Working knowledge of Information System Security Manager duties.
- Experience with SCIF construction or re-acreditation.
- Appropriate Defense Security Service (DSS) qualifications.
Select the "Apply" button below. You will need to be prepared to upload your current CV/Resume and a letter of application describing interest and suitability for this position. Applications will be reviewed beginning September 12, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
AUI is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)