Payroll Specialist (4379)
Number of Openings:
Job Type (Employment Type):
Internal Posting Begin Date:
October 1, 2018
Internal Posting End Date:
October 5, 2018
West Virginia/AUI Office
The Payroll Specialist will provide support to the Payroll Manager in the payroll processing function for a multi-state, international payroll supported by a web-based “Electronic Time-Keeping System. Additionally, the incumbent will provide support to the Fiscal Department in the compilation and review of financial information and reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Payroll Manager in all areas of payroll. This includes timekeeping, preparation and processing of all payroll maintenance/functions in the organization.
- Audits payroll information for accuracy.
- Assist in responding to and resolving any inquiries regarding paychecks.
- Maintain and compile all payroll/accounting work papers and prepare all required reports as requested.
- Responsible for assisting the Payroll Manager in all payroll related month-end, quarter-end and year-end duties.
- Assist in compiling and analyzing payroll audit responses prior to submission to outside auditors.
- Responsible for some General Ledger entries as needed.
- Also responsible for maintaining correspondence, receipts, sales and other confidential records according to established procedures; preparing and submitting labor statistics reports and maintaining COBRA payments.
- Participates in problem solving and special projects within the Payroll Department.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED
Preferred Education: A.S. in accounting or related field.
Experience: Two years prior related payroll or accounting experience or equivalent related education and/or training.
- 2-4 years of related experience in payroll with some exposure to accounting; will consider equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to make standardized arithmetic calculations; to set up complex forms, and statistical tables.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and software, including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public; ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction; ability to organize and perform work independently with general instructions.
Comprehensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and administrative techniques; thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, and arithmetic. Knowledge of personal computers, including word processing and spreadsheet software (MS Office Excel and Word). Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public; ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction; ability to organize and perform work independently in the absence of specific instructions. High awareness and understanding of the high level of confidentiality required in the position.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS, NATURE OF THE WORK
While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically sits at a desk, uses a personal computer, telephone, photocopier, facsimile, and other standard office equipment. The employee may occasionally be required to work outside around construction equipment. The employee may occasionally drive a vehicle, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee frequently is required to communicate in person, by electronic mail, and by telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Apply online at the AUI Careers page (http://jobs.jobvite.com/nrao/jobs). Applicants should be prepared to upload a resume and a letter of interest.
AUI is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)