Green Bank Office
The Payroll Analyst will provide support to the Payroll Manager in the payroll processing function for a multi-state, international payroll supported by a web-based Electronic Time-Keeping System. The incumbent will ensure accurate and time processing of all payroll in accordance with Federal and state laws, and internal control policies. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for analyzing and updating payroll and benefits data; organize, collect and retrieve data into required reporting formats; and identify and resolve discrepancies in coordination with the Payroll Manager.
Job classification and compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Payroll Manager in all areas of payroll maintenance/functions. This includes:
- Monitor timekeeping, screens time-worked inputs for calculating, coding, or other errors,
- Prepare, process, calculate and validate the United States domestic payroll. May assist with the ISM Chilean payroll.
- Assist in responding to and resolving any inquiries regarding paychecks.
- Maintain and compile all payroll/accounting work papers and records, audit payroll information and benefits accounts for accuracy, and reconcile errors.
- Responsible for a variety of periodic and ad hoc payroll related reports including monthly labor statistic reports.
- Participates in all payroll related month-end, quarter-end and year-end duties.
- Compile and analyze payroll audit responses prior to submission to outside auditors.
- Participates in problem solving and special projects within the Payroll Department.
- Develop as hoc reports as needed.
- Assist in submission and reconciliation of 401A, 403b, and Heath Savings Account benefit contributions.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED
Preferred Education: A.S. in accounting or related field. Applicants with preferred education may be considered for Senior Payroll Analyst classification.
Experience: A minimum of three years of prior experience related US domestic multi-state payroll or accounting experience or equivalent related education and/or training.
A minimum of 5 years of Experience with JDE and Ceridian is preferred. Applicants with preferred experience may be considered for Senior Payroll Analyst classification.
Ability to make standardized arithmetic calculations; to set up complex forms, and statistical tables.
Comprehensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and administrative techniques; thorough knowledge of business English and spelling. Knowledge of personal computers, including word processing and spreadsheet software (MS Office Excel and Word). Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public; ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction; ability to organize and perform work independently in the absence of specific instructions. High awareness and understanding of the high level of confidentiality required in the position.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS, NATURE OF THE WORK
While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically sits at a desk, uses a personal computer, telephone, photocopier, facsimile, and other standard office equipment. The employee may occasionally be required to work outside around construction equipment. The employee may occasionally drive a vehicle, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee frequently is required to communicate in person, by electronic mail, and by telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Apply online at the AUI Careers page (http://jobs.jobvite.com/nrao/jobs). Applicants should be prepared to upload a resume and a letter of interest.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
AUI is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Minorities, Vietnam-Era Veterans, Disabled Veterans, Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. To view our complete statement, please visit http://jobs.jobvite.com/nrao/jobs. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email to email@example.com.