Director of Operational Technology Cybersecurity Programs (4371)
Associated Universities, Inc. (AUI) is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity located in Northern Virginia– Director of Operational Technology Cybersecurity Programs. The Director of Operational Technology Cybersecurity Programs leads the Operational Technology Cybersecurity Department in AUI Labs and works across AUI Labs to set the strategic direction for the operational technology research portfolio in areas relating to industrial control systems (ICS), industrial internet of things (IIoT), building control systems (BCS), Smart Grids, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), and other operational technology areas. The Director will identify new and evolving opportunities in basic and applied operational technology research; focus assigned AUI Labs business development resources on the most relevant and timely opportunities in this field; develop evaluations of their technical, cost, scheduling and administrative requirements, risks and potential value; and generate successful proposals furthering engineering research in alignment with sponsors’ selection criteria, their general paradigms of proposal evaluation and AUI Lab’s business strategy and scientific and technology research and development missions. The Director will also be responsible for managing the funded portfolio and supervising assigned human resources.
AUI provides excellent paid time off benefits (vacation and sick leave). Medical, dental and vision plans are effective first day of employment. After one year of employment, AUI’s retirement benefit contributes an amount equal to 10 percent of a qualified participant’s base pay. No contribution is required of the employee; we also offer an optional supplemental, tax-deferred plan for employee retirement contributions.
Job Duties Summary
The Director of Operational Technology Cybersecurity Programs:
- Develops, manages, strengthens and grows AUI Lab’s research portfolio, employing highly-developed subject matter expertise, experience, communication skills and original research to shape thought leadership and strategies in engineering.
- Is responsible for developing structure and program plans for expanding AUI Labs’ portfolio within the operational technology area, including the focus areas of the individual departments, the facility and equipment needs, and the appropriate collaborations.
- Leads and establishes proactive teaming strategies for proposals, where AUI Labs and partner(s), prime or subcontractor team capabilities are valuable, complementary, and offer an optimal combination of performance, cost and program delivery. Works with collaborators to develop Partnership Agreements and memorandums of understanding (MOUs) for proposals.
- Plans and implements outreach efforts (e.g., with prospective customers, at conferences or other meetings, with AUI research centers, etc.) to showcase AUI’s vision, core competencies, and focus areas for growth.
- Works with AUI divisional leadership, research center directors and other department directors to leverage the existing portfolio and interests to provide value to pursuing initiatives and programs. A primary focus will be leveraging the capabilities that currently exist within the National Radio Astronomy Observatory, such as at the Central Development Laboratory, and in AUI Labs’ cybersecurity programs.
- Is responsible for the identification, recruiting and leadership of the AUI Labs staff needed to support the Operational Technology Cybersecurity Department portfolio.
Work is typically conducted in an office and light electronics laboratory environment. Regular travel is likely, including occasional international travel.
An advanced ABET accredited engineering or science degree in electrical, electronics, industrial or a related scientific or technical field.
- 10+ years’ experience working in operational technology environments is desirable, specifically with a good understanding of ICS such as SCADA, DMS, EMS, DCS, historian, RTUs, PLCs, RAS, and relays.
- 10+ years senior leadership and management experience leading teams, preferably in developing/leading special project groups.
- 5+ years’ experience of leadership involving the development of proposals for operational technology products, services and/or research.
- Hands on experience with OT equipment, lab operations, building pilot scale programs, and experimenting with new technologies.
- Considerable success presenting to Executives, C-Suite, and Board of Director level audiences.
- Master’s in business, management, cyber, or information security.
- 5+ years’ experience working in commercial or government industrial facilities (chemical, oil/gas, electrical generation), supply chain, and/or research laboratories.
- Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI
- Preferred professional certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Professional Engineer (PE) certification, Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or equivalent.
- Project management certification a plus: PMI, PRINCE2, CCPM, XPM.
Select the "Apply" button below. You will need to be prepared to upload your current CV/Resume and a letter of application describing interest and suitability for this position. Applications will be reviewed beginning September 12, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
AUI is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)