AUI Corporate Business Development Specialist (4395)
AUI is seeking to hire a Part-time Business Development Specialist to provide a broad range of business development functions to include proposal and grant writing, development of white papers and research reports, opportunity identification among government sponsors, charitable foundations, industry sponsors, and independent philanthropists, end-to-end project management for key AUI initiatives, outreach and engagement, and fundraising. The business development specialist provides services to enable AUI and its subsidiary companies to attract, develop, and retain new business partners while maintaining existing AUI business accounts and supporting ongoing projects and initiatives. This position has a term of 1 year and supports the Washington, D.C. office and its subsidiary companies, and works in partnership with AUI managed facilities around the world.
In addition to competitive pay, AUI provides excellent paid time off benefits (vacation and sick leave). Medical, dental and vision plans are effective first day of employment. AUI’s retirement benefit contributes an amount equal to 10 percent of a qualified participant’s base pay (eligibility period applies). No contribution is required of the employee. We also offer an optional supplemental, tax-deferred plan for employee retirement contributions.
AUI collaborates with the scientific community and research sponsors to plan, build, and operate cutting-edge facilities. We cultivate excellence, deliver value, enhance education, and engage the public.
Job Duties Summary
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work across all AUI divisions to create contract-winning proposals.
- Develop key concepts and draft copy for white papers and collateral material.
- Identify potential partners in the philanthropic community and across science, technology, and energy markets, through appropriate research on the prospective partner’s business and technology needs.
- Develop relationships with prospective partners, while maintaining existing partner relationships.
- Provide end-to-end project management on key AUI initiatives, and track the assignment of project management points of contact.
- Establish procedures to track and communicate business leads, proposal deadlines and developments, and new business developments and deliverables.
- Form, manage, and coordinate advisory boards as directed.
- Remain current with industry news.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
Five years professional experience in the business development or laboratory setting. Extensive knowledge of the lab management and operation industry is required. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Some travel is required.
To be an effective business development specialist, the ideal candidate will have experience working directly with and presenting to senior leadership in the lab management and operation industry as well as the senior most levels of the US government and philanthropic community. The ideal candidate will also have a proven track record of fundraising within the philanthropic community. Extensive experience working with national and local media to effectively communicate scientific business developments is a plus. A government issued clearance and experience in handling sensitive or classified information is strongly preferred.
- Effective written, oral, presentation, and communication skills
- Superior interpersonal, relationship building, and listening skills
- Ability to work independently in a matrix environment is critical
- Possess excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task, respond to priorities, and complete tasks on time with no direct supervision
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
Apply online at the AUI Careers page. Applicants must be prepared to upload a resume and a cover letter.
AUI is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)