Entry-Level Marketing Associate
Entry-Level Marketing Associate
Job Title: Entry-Level Marketing Associate
Reports to: Director of External Affairs and Strategic Communications
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Status: Part- or Full-Time Depending on Candidate Availability (Students Applicants Welcome)
Travel Required: Minimal
Duration: 6 months with potential extension
Posting Begin Date: ASAP
Posting End Date: Until filled
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Onsite with remote option
The Marketing Associate will help oversee and implement the below initiatives over a 6-month period. The extension of this role beyond a 6-month period is based a several factors to include, performance, results, and/or the availability of funding. The position may be part-time or full-time depending on the successful candidate’s availability and the needs of AUI.
The Marketing Associate will be responsible for helping lead marketing outreach for two AUI programs: (1) Woodstar Lab’s (WSL) cybersecurity services and training (2) the National Infrastructure Security and Resilience U’s (NISRU) critical infrastructure training. This opportunity offers recent graduates or current graduate school students experience in marketing content development! Specific responsibilities will include creating marketing campaigns, overseeing the testing and rollout of these campaigns, and evaluating results.
AUI is looking for early-career candidates with experience planning and delivering effective marketing and advertising initiatives. A successful candidate should be able to analyze markets, research customer behavior, collect marketing data, and create effective multi-media advertising content. Candidates should be fast, self-directed learners able to problem solve strategies related to marketing and advertising, particularly through LinkedIn (and other social media platforms), email outreach, and web-based initiatives. Candidates with skills in graphic design, creative writing, and multi-media presentations are preferred. The deliverables for this role are provided below and are divided into two phases: a strategy and design phase followed by an implementation and assessment phase. These deliverables are described below:
Phase 1: Strategy and Design
Core Deliverable: The Phase 1 deliverable will be a written marketing campaign for AUI’s business units in cybersecurity and critical infrastructure. The written plan will include the following elements:
- Clearly defined goals and objectives for marketing and sales.
- Identification of target audiences sequenced over specific time periods.
- Development of key messages for each target audience.
- Development of marketing tactics for each target audience.
- Development of budget estimates for marketing and advertising.
- Creation of an implementation calendar.
Phase 2: Implementation and Assessment
Core Deliverables: Phase 2 deliverables will encompass two parts: implementation of the marketing and advertising campaigns developed in Phase 1 followed by a written assessment of the campaigns’ efficacy and recommendation for improvements. The Marketing Associate will produce two written assessments during Phase 2. Mid-way through the implementation phase, a short-written assessment of the campaign’s efficacy, along with recommended revisions. And a final written report at the end of the implementation phase.
- Marketing or business student (graduate students preferred)
- If not a marketing or business student, relevant experience
- At least 1- year of experience (educational or working) is desired.
- Prior marketing internship experience is a plus!
- Excellent, clear, and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with a willingness and strong desire to learn.
- Ability to create marketing and advertising strategies for social media, email outreach, and web-based platforms.
- Experience with search engines, web analytics, and marketing research.
- Solid computer skills.
- Excellent graphic design skills encompassing images, videos, and multi-media content.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities and able to support fast turnarounds with surge capabilities.
- The ideal candidate will have documented history of the responsibilities and experiences listed.
- Must possess the skills noted above.
Physical Conditions/Nature of Work
- This individual will be required to sit and work on a computer for prolonged period of times.
- Will need to communicate via email, phone, and virtual platforms.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Women, Minorities, Vietnam-Era Veterans, Disabled Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. We will monitor and review the recruitment process to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. There will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of mental or physical disability. Further, we will take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified handicapped individuals, qualified disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam Era without discrimination based on their disability or veteran’s status in all employment practices. We will select the best qualified candidate to perform the duties of an available position and will give first consideration to present employees whenever practical. To view our complete statement and additional information, please visit http://jobs.jobvite.com/nrao/jobs. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request to [email protected].