Director, Reception and Program Services for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Northwest Center (NWC), a transformative social enterprise leader, seeks a Director of Reception and Program Services to join the team as a pivotal leader of our growing Amazon Program Support Services division in Seattle (South Lake Union).
Collectively, the Northwest Center Reception and Program Services team oversees the reception activities of 40+ Amazon corporate buildings as well as the Community Banana stands and other program initiatives on the Amazon campus. Our team of 150+ provides professional 5-star customer service on a daily basis within a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Who We Are:
When people of all abilities learn and work together, everyone benefits.The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization.
Northwest Center’s Mission: Promote the growth, development and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education and work opportunity.
The Northwest Center @ Amazon team operates in a fast-paced and demanding corporate environment where we provide professional 5-star customer service across several program divisions. This position will oversee the program operations for several Amazon initiatives to include the Reception program, Event Support Services, Community Banana Stand program, Amazon vendor on-boarding program and project coordinator support.
The Director is responsible for managing, coordinating and leading all aspects of a matrixed customer service operation. This critical role is responsible for developing and implementing new business processes and making efficiency recommendations while monitoring key performance metrics for each initiative. The Director will ensure all service level metrics are met for each program and will foster positive working relationships with other teams and vendor partners to promote collaboration and alignment of goals and objectives.
- Commitment to the Northwest Center mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- 5+ years of experience successfully managing and leading a team.
- Experience leading cross-functional programs with demonstrated expertise leading to achieved results.
- Highly proficient with a range of information technology, tools and platforms including Microsoft Office.
- Highly developed critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree from an accredited institution.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Directly manage program operations managers who oversee program initiatives with 150+ staff.
- Monitor key performance indicators to ensure optimal service levels.
- Identify areas of improvement in operational systems, processes and policies in support of initiative goals mission.
- Effectively communicate relevant information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings and electronic forms of communication.
- Manage program budgets and monthly invoicing, forecast potential changes to actual spend and provide financial reports as requested.
- Provide direct instruction and performance feedback to management team and support team development at the supervisory level.
- Ensure and strategically plan for optimal staffing levels collaborating with the managers, VP, HR and the recruiting team.
- Work with key vendor partners to define, develop and implement improved internal processes.
- Must be able to frequently carry heavy object and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- Daily duties include a combination of desk time and visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk regularly within a 1.5 mile radius is required.
- Amazon is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.
To be considered for this role, please include a resume and cover letter with salary expectations.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.