Senior Understory Ambassador for Northwest Center @ Amazon
In the heart of the Seattle Amazon Headquarters is Understory.
This venue is a free public visitor center where guests can experience the transformational power of discovery, exploration, experimentation and creativity through compelling and authentic exhibits and experiences.
As a Senior Understory Ambassador, you will be responsible for welcoming all visitors and proactively engaging with each guest throughout their visit. This critical role is instrumental in ensuring every visitor experience is positive and informative.
An ideal candidate brings proven exceptional customer service skills and is comfortable speaking in front of groups. Hours of operation are 10:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Saturday and 11:00 am to 7:00 pm on Sunday. Schedules may vary due to special events and extended hours.
Location: Seattle (South Lake Union)
Wage: $21.50 per hour
Schedule: Seven Days per week between the hours of 10:00am and 8:00pm. (must be willing and able to work flexible schedule days and hours) Schedule is rotational.
- Associates degree or equivalent college credits.
- Minimum 1-year direct customer service experience in a museum, theme park or high profile venues (examples include galleries, art centers, zoos, exhibit centers).
- Ability to comfortably speak and lead programs in front of large or small audiences.
- Savvy with technology (ability to use tech and equipment with ease).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to proactively interact with the public.
- High energy, detail-oriented, and a reliable individual.
- Proven excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, while always remaining professional and friendly.
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally and electronically with all levels of management.
- Flexibility to work various shifts during operating hours.
- Ability to speak in person and over the radio using a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Must understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s policies and procedures.
- Strong conflict resolution, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- The position requires standing for long periods of time up to the entire length of the shift.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to give and receive information through speaking and listening in person and through electronic devices.
- Must adhere to dress code and be conscientious about personal hygiene.
- The space is inhabited by various plant life so any allergies may impede performance of duties.
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.
- Ability to move throughout work space for an entire shift with ease.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.