Employment Consultant - School to Work
LEAD THE WAY AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
As a School to Work Employment Consultant, you will have the opportunity to support adult clients with disabilities who are transitioning from K-12 education to the working world. Current Employment Consultants tell us that the most rewarding part of their job is the relationships they develop with their clients. School to Work Employment Consultants perform community-based assessments, independent skills training & evaluation, and participate in the job discovery process in order to create a winning match for both the client and the business.
Wage: $18.00 - $19.00 per hour DOE + Excellent BENEFITS
Schedule: Monday- Friday 8:00a.m - 4:30p.m ( may have to work some weekends)
The School to Work Employment Consultant generates and documents the client profile, including client history, skills, preferences and support needs. If you enjoy providing one on one service, thrive on your client's successes, and enjoy developing relationships in the community, we want to hear from you! Join the Revolution--create an inclusive workforce for all!
‣ One (1)+ year of experience working in School to Work
‣ Knowledge of DVR counselors, KC DDA S2W systems, and ability to work well with teachers, parents and families and case managers.
‣ Knowledge of job development, job analysis recruiting and employment practices.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Two (2) years of working with individuals with disabilities preferred
- Two (2) years of Sales, Marketing, Vocational Rehabilitation or supported employment experience preferred
- Current First Aid/CPR certification preferred
- Bachelor's degree in the areas of marketing, vocational rehabilitation, sales or personnel, Psychology preferred
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.