As a Philanthropy, Coordinator you will have an opportunity to learn in-depth, the workings of Philanthropy while working closely with the Philanthropy Manager and team. As an Intern at Northwest Center, you will have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the fast-paced non-profit culture and benefit from a behind the scenes experience learning the functions of Philanthropy.
To sum it up…
In this role, you'll get a behind the curtains view of a department (or two) and organization that is ready for a Superstar of a Coordinator!
Position: Philanthropy, Coordinator
Location: Seattle, WA (based out of our corporate headquarters in South Park w/occasional travel in the greater Seattle area)
Wage: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour DOE (Part Time)
About the role:
- Work in-tandem with Philanthropy Managers to assist with: Database entry, donor information filing, donor mailings, etc.
- Corporate and donor research
- Event(s) Support
- Marketing Support
- Other duties as assigned
- Positive attitude (When the going gets tough you turn that frown upside down and find the silver lining in every situation – The show must go on and you honestly think everything is better with some positive vibes)
- Self-starter (A word that might describe you is, Driven and/or Proactive)
- Team-oriented (There is no ‘I’ in Team and you know how to spell)
- Passionate about the Northwest Center Vision & Mission (You will look into it before applying because you are just that detail oriented and something like an organization’s vision & mission are crucial to your decision to submitting an application and resume – You’re not just looking for any ole internship – you’ve got stars in your eyes and standards)
What we seek in you:
- Event coordination or support experience preferred (Planning your best friend’s sister’s cousin’s neighbor’s graduation party does not count as experience…)
- CRM experience (Dynamics preferred) (You will know what the letters C R M stand for)
- Organization guru – (Organization could be your middle name)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (specifically an understanding of Microsoft Excel – you know this because you paid attention in school)
- Excellent written communication (Your cover letter is stellar and sums this up for you)
- Experience in research (You love research and thrive on the chase of information)
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.