Are you looking for a janitorial position where you can act with independence and initiative?
If you are reliable, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have a friendly, positive attitude, Northwest Center can CONNECT you to a NEW opportunity!
This position is a direct hire referral into a Northwest Center partner's organization.
Facilities personnel cover a wide range of duties across several different environments including: retail, office, and exterior.
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Schedule: Full-Time all shifts available
Wage: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour DOE
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School diploma or GED
- Able to read and write in English
- Able to lift to 35 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to stand and walk up 6.5 hours or more
- Ability to tolerate strong odors and chemical smells
- Must be able to work around large crowds and increase tempo to accommodate the increased customer demand during holidays and special events
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer pre-employment drug screen
As our facilities janitor, your most important job will be to ensure our spaces are clean, safe and inviting. We operate several popular malls and public spaces where you’ll have the opportunity to build on your customer service skills as well as your facilities and maintenance experience. You can expect to perform cleaning duties including hard and carpeted floors, walls, glass, removing rubbish, operating equipment of all sizes and event set up.
You’ll love it here if you…
- Have a desire to help people
- Enjoy fast-paced environments
- Want to develop your skills and grow your career in maintenance/facilities
- Have good communication skills
Job Activities include, but are not limited to…
- Extract and shampoo carpeted areas.
- Empty trash and recycle receptacles safely and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Remove cardboard and debris from back hallways.
- Operate heavy equipment related to hard floor care and exterior sweeping/scrubbing.
- Move fixtures to and from properties.
- Working with heights.
- Perform repeated bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Perform tasks that require repeated motions like sweeping, cleaning windows, mopping, wiping, vacuuming, etc.
- Excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental and 401K. More information available.
- Free Parking and convenient to transit center
- 2 movie passes per month to Lincoln Square Cinemark
- Milestone/Anniversary Awards
Applicants with a Documented Disability will be given preference.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.