Facilities Specialist Technician
Northwest Center is looking for a Full-Time Facilities Specialist Technician to join our world class team in Seattle and our surrounding Northwest Center supported locations! Be a part of a team that is impacting the community and providing stellar service. In this role, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the fact that no two work days are the same at our various facilities. Along with this variety, you can rest assured that Northwest Center values team members who are energetic and enjoy troubleshooting to solve new challenges.
If you are eager to learn and grow, you will love the opportunity to do so both on the job site as well as through training opportunities provided through Northwest Center.
Location: Seattle (and surrounding Northwest Center supported locations)
Schedule: Monday - Friday (this is a full-time position, some flexibility in work schedule is required)
Wage: $23.50 + per hour DOE
If you have experience in general contracting (to include general commercial dry-wall and painting), pressure washing, and trouble shooting commercial maintenance requests, APPLY NOW!
This position also includes working on building systems maintenance and other minor repair work. This is a great opportunity to diversify your skills and add additional longevity to your list of expertise!
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- 4+ years in facility maintenance, building trades, or equivalent preferred
- Acceptable 5-year driving record and proof of insurance
- Valid Driver’s License (will drive company vehicle)
- Must have a working knowledge of building and mechanical systems. Boiler experience a plus
- Must have knowledge of and experience using a variety of power and hand tools
- Must have a basic understanding of carpentry, painting, and drywall principles
- Able to work effectively and diplomatically with site personnel and supervisors
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Keen ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to execute preventative maintenance and job scheduling programs
- Basic computer skills
- Experience working with pools a PLUS
- Some flexibility in your work schedule as this is a role with flexible hours
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.