Talent Acquisition, Junior Recruiter
Where: Seattle, Renton, Kent, and surrounding areas
Wage: $20.00 – 21.63 per hour
Schedule: Monday through Friday 9:30AM to 6:00PM (expect occasional work outside of these hours and days)
Qualifications you'll need ...
- 1+ year consecutive and current full cycle recruiting experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – Gives full attention to the words and body language of others, takes time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal communication & presentation skills – Ability to present and communicate information in a clear and professional manner to diverse groups and target audiences
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time in a fast-paced multi-dimensional environment
- Proficient typing and data entry skills
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess an acceptable driving record and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel within the Greater Seattle Area to attend job fairs, visit other Northwest Center location
As a Talent Acquisition, Junior Recruiter you will be responsible for full-cycle recruiting for multiple positions such as hiring job coaches, employment consultants, janitors, facilities specialists, production workers and more. Basic full cycle recruiting is a core competency that all applicants must possess as well as the ability to travel within the Greater Seattle Area to attend job fairs, events and to visit Northwest Center Locations for recruiting purposes both short term and long term.
Successful candidates for this role will have a basic background in full cycle recruiting, account management/development, and lines of work where the customer/hiring manager and applicant come first.
What to expect ...
In this role, you will partner with the appropriate hiring manager(s) to determine selection criteria for each open position, work flow, and needs of the requisition to fill.
- Work with Talent Acquisition team members to create and develop effective recruitment marketing campaigns and channels to source candidates, including advertisements, hiring events, career centers, and job programs
- Recruit quality talent through targeted active and passive recruiting sources (i.e. ATS, cold calling, references, referrals, interviews, print media, social media, community partners, etc.)
- Facilitate the application process and conduct pre-employment assessments
- Conduct phone interviews/screens and provide hiring manager(s) with candidate information in a timely manner for the requisition's set workflow.
- Conduct pre-employment screenings, motor vehicle records (MVRs), background checks, drug screens, etc.
- Provide additional assistance to Talent Acquisition Team and/or HR team when needed
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.