Senior Spheres Ambassador - Part Time
Northwest Center is looking for a Part Time Senior Spheres Ambassador to join our team! The Senior Horticulture Ambassadors are often the first contact between the community and Amazon.com. Their focus is to provide a one of a kind customer experience through speaking about the plants and architecture of the space, answering public questions, and engaging customers with interactive exhibits. This is the perfect role for a natural story teller who is friendly, outgoing, and is ready to put down roots getting others excited about Horticulture! We are committed to making the Spheres a memorable experience to all users. Hours of operation are 9:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Saturday and 10:30 am to 7:30 pm on Sundays. Your schedule may vary, however you will be given two consecutive days off including one weekend day.
Location: South Lake Union
Schedule: 21 hrs per week, can include evenings, Saturdays required
Wage: $18.50/hr with an increase to $21.50 after the probationary period
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Some College preferred (but not required).
- Minimum 1-year Customer Service, Museum, Amusement Park, or Event staffing or support experience
- Horticulture, botany, environmental science, or biology experience
- Greet all visitors in a friendly, warm, professional and courteous manner. You are required to provide a 5-star first impression every time you greet a visitor.
- Arrive in provided Spheres Ambassador uniform. Launder as necessary to ensure a professional appearance.
- Maintain extensive knowledge regarding exhibits and plant life in The Spheres and Understory. Be prepared to offer insight and speak to the content, concept, and design of The Spheres.
- Work interchangeably between The Spheres and Understory while actively engaging with visitors and fielding questions as necessary.
- Assist in offering guided tours of The Spheres to senior-level employees, VIP guests, and approved groups who have a sponsored relationship with Amazon’s PR or Global Real Estate and Facilities team.
- Rove the space to ensure building safety and visitor policies are being adhered to.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.