Facilities Specialist - Seattle
Northwest Center is looking for a Facilities Specialist to join our world class team! Be a part of a team that is impacting the community and providing stellar facilities maintenance service. In this role, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the fact that no two work days are the same at our various facilities. Along with this variety, you can rest assured that Northwest Center values team members who are energetic and enjoy troubleshooting to solve new challenges. If you are eager to learn and grow you will love the opportunity to do so both on the job site as well as through training opportunities provided through Northwest Center.
This position also includes working on building systems maintenance and other minor repair work. This is a great opportunity to diversify your skills and add to your list of expertise!
Where: Seattle, WA
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:00am - 4:30pm
Wage: $21.00-22.00 per hour
This is a part-time position, some flexibility in work schedule is required.
If you have basic skills in rough and finished carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, vehicle maintenance, and/or painting, APPLY NOW!
- 2+ years in facility maintenance, building trades, or equivalent
- Acceptable 5-year driving record
- Basic computer skills
- Must have a working knowledge of building and mechanical systems. Boiler experience a plus
- Must have knowledge of and experience using a variety of power and hand tools.
- Must have a basic understanding of carpentry, cabinetry, painting, and drywall principles.
- Able to work effectively and diplomatically with site personnel and supervisors
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Keen ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to execute preventative maintenance and job scheduling programs.
- Valid WA State Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Some flexibility in your work schedule
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.