Occupational Therapist - Full or Part Time
Join Northwest Center’s Early Intervention Team! Work with a dynamic, supportive team, making a difference in the lives of families and their young children.
Northwest Center Kids is seeking a Pediatric Occupational Therapist. This position provides evaluative, therapeutic and consultative services to children, birth-to-three years old, who have delays or disorders in motor, feeding, social-emotional and sensory development. We serve children in their homes, childcares, and community settings. Using a strength based coaching model, we build family capacity through information sharing, modeling and reflection.
At Northwest Center Kids, you’ll work alongside a team of people with extensive experience and have opportunities to pursue your special interests, share your knowledge, and receive reflective supervision. We support and encourage professional development and want our staff to reach their full potential.
Who we are:
Since 1965, Northwest Center has been a leader in advancing equal opportunities for children and adults with developmental disabilities. From birth through retirement, Northwest Center serves people with disabilities in a multitude of ways. Our Northwest Center Kids department includes Early Intervention, inclusive Early Childhood Education, and after school programs. We work with children of all abilities.
What we can offer you:
- Salaried position including documentation time with generous Paid Time Off
- Full- and Part-Time schedules considered
- Health and Wellness benefits including: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and subsidized gym membership.
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Reflective Supervision and highly collaborative team
- Opportunities to lead programs, get involved in research, and participate on specialty teams
- Mileage and DOH License Reimbursement
- 401K with company match
- Master’s degree, OTD or equivalent
- Licensed Occupational Therapist in the State of Washington. One-year experience working in pediatrics or field work that includes a pediatric affiliation. Early Intervention experience or experience including pediatric clients birth-to-three is preferred.
- Special Consideration will be given to candidates with feeding and/or infant mental health experience
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, families, and community partners.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications or the ability to obtain within 6 month of employment.
- Personal vehicle with automobile insurance that meets state minimum insurance requirements.
- WA driver’s license is required
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.