Transportation Resource Coordinator
Do you thrive in a role where you can help solve problems?
Do you enjoy figuring out the best route via public transportation?
Is organization your superpower?
If you answered, YES to these questions…this could be the dream role for you!
In the role of, Transportation Resource Coordinator you will provide your exceptional organizational skills and timely communication to support the Transportation Team at Amazon. You can expect in this role that your primary customer base will include Amazon employees of every business unit across Seattle’s South Lake Union, Bellevue, and across the United States. This concierge role reports to the Transportation Resource Coordinator Supervisor and Program Services Manager and assists key stakeholders by acting as the Transportation Team’s customer service and metrics representative.
Schedule: Full Time w/ability to work 40 hours per week within set schedules that may occur between the hours of 6:00AM and 5:00PM
Wage: $21.50 per hour
Location: South Lake Union
Ideal Candidates Will Have Experience With…
· Minimum of one year of customer service, real estate or facilities experience.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
o Strong emphasis on Outlook.
o Intermediate + Excel skills.
· Direct experience with high levels of positive customer service.
o Above average interpersonal skills interacting with management, employees, and peers.
o Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
· Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally with all levels of management.
· Ability to understand, interpret and follow Northwest Center Services and Amazon’s Policies and Procedures.
· Maintain a professional demeanor at all times, especially when escalating feedback of a sensitive nature.
· Northwest Center Services @ Amazon is a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. Must be able to respond positively to change and encourage new learning processes.
· Excellent attendance is required in compliance with Northwest Center’s time-off and attendance policy.
· Speaking in person using a clear and audible speaking voice.
· Public speaking before various group sizes.
What you can expect your days to look like in this role (but not limited to)…
· Ensure a quality experience for each individual requesting information or assistance from the MyCommute@ alias for South Lake Union, Bellevue, and sites across the U.S.
· Field inquiries relating to vanpool, monthly and daily parking, and campus and commuter shuttle feedback and relaying them to the appropriate teams.
· Ensure each Amazonian has a positive experience working with the NWC Transportation Team – the Amazonian experience is the #1 priority of the Transportation Resource Coordinator.
· Must be a self-starter who can work independently and requires little supervision or daily guidance.
· Is flexible and can follow a set routine or transition quickly to meet the needs of the day.
· Assist with the daily distribution of Orca cards, assisting customers in person at event tables, and various transportation related items as requested.
· Maintain data trackers for individually owned areas of expertise as well as for general team metrics.
· Assist in the content maintenance and development of the MyCommute web portals used in South Lake Union and work sites across the U.S.
· Remotely work with and support facilities and transportation teams and programs across the U.S. to gather information, assist with regional concerns, and improve program, among other things.
· Active participation in the New Hire Orientation Fairs, Transportation Fairs, Intern Sessions, Reception Lobbies and various Amazon sponsored events as requested. Serve as a representative of the entire Transportation Team.
· Collaborate with Transportation Resource Coordinator Supervisor, Program Services Manager and Northwest Center Management on tracking, compiling, analyzing, and interpreting metrics related to the Transportation Team. Report data quarterly to aforementioned parties in preparation for the Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Business Reviews.
· Ensure accurate and efficient communication among all team members at all times.
· As requested, participate in offsite audits of parking garages, shuttle stops, transportation routes, etc.
· Engage positively with employees during face-to-face interactions upholding a customer-centric demeanor and attitude.
· Assist with various projects as requested.
· Analyze large-scale data and improve existing processes for future application to programs and services in development.
· Strong attention to detail is required.
· These functions are subject to change based on team need.
· Work at a computer for long periods (up to 8 hours per day).
· Able to carry supplies to other buildings up to 50lb
· Walking is required when retrieving/delivering supplies
Who We Are:
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.