NORTHWEST CENTER SERVICE IS HIRING A SPHERES SUPERVISOR!
The Amazon Spheres are a place where employees can think and work differently surrounded by more than 40,000 plants from the cloud forest regions of over 30 countries. Under the direction of the Spheres Program Manager, the Spheres Supervisor is responsible for scheduling and ensuring proper staff coverage and quality assurance within Amazon’s Spheres and Understory locations. Responsibilities include ensuring staff deliver a one of a kind customer experience for all guests, offering guidance on reservation management and public inquiries and facilitating special events as needed.
Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule during hours of operation both weekdays and weekends. Hours of operation are 9:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Friday, 10:00 am to 8:00 pm on Saturdays, and 11:00 am to 7:00 pm on Sundays. Schedules vary due to operating hours.
Salary: DOE + Excellent Benefits
Location: Seattle, WA (South Lake Union)
- Minimum 1-year in a direct customer service position in a museum, event, or public facing venue.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent attendance is necessary. Ability to come in early or stay late, as needed, for coverage.
- Exceptional computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards within a diverse workplace.
- Positive people manager who is open to direction, a collaborative work style, and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally with all levels of management, both internal and external.
- Commitment to the Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
The Role (but are not limited to):
- Ensure all staff is on time to open and close Spheres and Understory locations. Be prepared to fill in when needed.
- Communicate employee schedule changes to Spheres leadership and find coverage when needed.
- Manage employee schedules to ensure enough staffing levels in the Spheres and Understory.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff and address inconsistencies as identified.
- Oversee events taking place in the Spheres as requested.
- Coach and mentor new Spheres staff in all related position responsibilities which may include email, reservation management, customer service expectations and procedures.
- Ensure internal and external facing emails are responded to by the Guest Services Representatives within 30 minutes of receipt providing an answer or informing the recipient that the request is being addressed in a professional and polite manner.
- Handle escalated interactions with employees and visitors as necessary.
- Respond promptly to all emails, and actively participate in leadership emails accordingly.
- Attend and actively participate in all scheduled trainings and team meetings to maintain current information on plants, exhibits, Amazon, campus history, events and customer service best practices.
- Be knowledgeable of all facility processes including, but not limited to, security access levels, reservations, and facility procedures.
- Continually check the lobby area and back storage room to ensure it is clean, organized and stocked as necessary.
- Maintain consistent inventory of all laptops, radios and tablets.
- Maintain and distribute uniform inventory as necessary.
- Responsible for documented scheduling tasks including employee time and attendance, accurate employee time clocks and updating internal system time-off requests.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and termination discussions.
- Address all performance concerns with staff in a timely manner informing fellow supervisors, Program Manager and/or Director as needed.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for open opinions and positive, constructive dialogue.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Humidity and temperature conditions may vary to maximize the plant life in the space.
- The temperature of the Spheres is maintained between 70 and 75 degrees with an average humidity of level of 60%.
- The space will be inhabited by various plant life, and any allergies may impede performance of duties.
- Must be able to carry heavy objects and other supplies, up to 20 lbs.
- The ability to walk up and down stairs and within a mile and a half radius is required.
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.
Who We Are:
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.