Spheres Program Manager
Job Title: Spheres Program Manager
Job Location: Amazon SEA Campus
Position Reports To: Director, Program Services
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. The specific duties may change as the position evolves.
Who We Are:
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center (NWC) is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s Mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education and work opportunity.
The Amazon Spheres are a place where employees can think and work differently surrounded by more than 40,000 plants from the cloud forest regions of over 30 countries. The Spheres Program Manager is responsible for the coordination of staff and activities across the Spheres and Understory venues and across internal departments and teams. This position is a critical liaison between key internal stakeholders, staff and external guests and visitors. The successful candidate will have a strong blend of project management and execution within a high profile, customer-service oriented environment.
Location: South Lake Union (Seattle)
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate regularly with internal stakeholders to both obtain and disseminate information about the planned activities of the space.
- Create and maintain a 12-month rhythm of the business dashboard that outlines key events, regular meetings, training sessions and other items of business impact.
- Ensure optimal staffing throughout both venues to accommodate peaks and slower periods of activity.
- Chair, schedule and create agendas for internal stakeholder meetings to promote strong internal relationships and transparency across teams.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive set of data tracking systems to establish optimal staffing levels and provide insightful information to relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze KPI and service level agreement metrics identifying and recommending process improvements where needed.
- Develop and implement effective evaluation methods to assess program strengths and areas in need of address and improvement.
- Identify and document processes for internal stakeholder review and approval of new or updated procedures.
- Document and regularly communicate agreed-to goals and objectives of the Spheres and Understory venues and ensure all activities align with those goals and objectives.
- In collaboration with the director, oversee staff recruitment to include job descriptions, interviewing and onboarding.
- Provide leadership, program direction and operational guidance to staff.
- Provide direction and proposed action for escalations from supervisors and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university/college required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience leading and managing the operations of high performing programs with direct supervision of staff.
- Demonstrated competencies in communication, strategic planning, problem solving, financial management and team leadership.
- Effective project management skills, including planning & organization.
- Ability to manage changing priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent analytical, planning, and process development skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to multiple conflicting priorities, continuously prioritize deliverables and to respond in a dynamic work environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Humidity and or heat conditions may vary in order to sustain the plant life in the space.
- The temperature of The Spheres will be maintained between 70 and 75 degrees, with an average humidity of level of 60%.
- Daily duties include a combination of desk time and standing time. The ability to walk regularly within a 1.5-mile radius is required.
- The space will be inhabited by various plant life, and any allergies may impede performance of duties.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to give and receive information through speaking and listening in person and through electronic devices.
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.