Event Support Assistant for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Northwest Center is looking for an Event Support Assistant to join our team at Amazon!
Under the direction of the Event Support and Operations Supervisor, the Event Support Assistant assumes responsibility for supporting events taking place on Amazon’s South Lake Union campus and offsite locations. The Event Support Assistant serves as the
Location: South Lake Union (with
Wage: $16.45 per hour with
Schedule: 40 hours per week - Hours will vary due to event and scheduling needs. Flexibility to work some nights and weekends is required.
**To be considered for this role, please include a resume and cover letter with your application.**
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 1-year customer service, call center, reception, event staffing, or administrative support experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently without a line of sight to another employee or as the only representative of Northwest Center.
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally and electronically with all levels of management, employees, vendor partners, event organizers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule consisting of 40 hours per week with the possibility of extra time.
- Hours will have varied start and end times due to event and scheduling needs. Flexibility to work some nights and weekends is required.
- Proficiency with MS Windows, Excel, and Outlook e-mail.
Key responsibilities include:
- Greet all visitors in a friendly, warm, professional and courteous manner. Provide a 5-star first impression for every visitor
- Utilize industry-specific computer programs to check in guests and confirm validity prior to entering Amazon space.
- Support events taking place on Amazon’s campus by pre-registering guests, assisting with visitor check-in, and providing ticketed coat check as requested.
- Act as the on-site point of contact for event organizers. Welcome guests, direct event set-up, communicate with staff, report escalations, organize vendors, and facilitate event tear-down.
- Monitor event and reception email aliases, and respond within 30 minutes of receipt providing a solution or informing the customer that the request is being addressed.
- Open and close event support service locations while ensuring the lobby is clean and organized.
- Work cohesively with other supporting vendors on events including but not limited to GREF-events, Amazon Corporate Security (ACS), janitorial, catering and the
audio visualteam (A/V).
- Maintain appropriate levels of event forms and supplies. Take weekly inventory and report to
supervisorwhen supplies need to be ordered.
- Communicate with event organizers and vendor staff via email, in person, Chime or phone.
- Manage event assets and commit to protecting guests’ items when in Northwest Center’s care.
- Maintain event asset inventory. Organize and distribute event assets from storage rooms to other buildings as necessary.
- Attend and represent the reception and event support services teams at event walk-throughs.
- Compile the weekly events report and notify the reception team of upcoming events including reservations for easels, carts, and other reception materials.
- Support visitor check-in taking place on Amazon’s campus and/or offsite locations as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Daily duties include a combination of desk time and visiting several Amazon buildings, so the ability to regularly walk or travel independently within a 1.5-mile radius is required.
- Comfortability working in an open, unassigned workspace is required.
- Event Support Assistants may be required to work outdoors in all seasons as needed to assist with events.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods (up to 8 hours per workday).
- Ability to distribute supplies to other buildings, up to 50 pounds.
- Amazon is a dog-friendly environment with over 1,000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.