Early Childhood Education Consultant - East Region
Northwest Center is looking for an Early Childhood Education Consultant to join an exciting new team that promotes the inclusion of children with disabilities in the classroom! IMPACT (Inclusion Mentorship Program for increasing Access in Childcare Team) is a new service offered by Northwest Center Kids, and partners with child care providers throughout King County to provide training, resources and ongoing support to promote the inclusion of children with disabilities.
As an Early Childhood Education Consultant, you will provide ongoing support to child care agencies who partner with Northwest Center by developing, implementing, and overseeing individualized inclusion plans. Come be part of a groundbreaking team that strives to make sure all children are given the access to the education they need!
Location: Renton Office; Travel throughout King County, with a focus on the East Side (Bothell, Bellevue, Newcastle, and Issaquah regions)
Schedule: Full Time Monday through Friday
Wage: DOE + Great Benefits!
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have or obtain current CPR and First Aid certification
- At least 2 years’ experience working with children of all abilities
- At least 2 years’ experience supporting children aged 0-6 in a classroom or community-based setting
- Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply
- Supports early learning classrooms throughout King County in the inclusion of children of all
- Provides mentorship, training, and consultation to teachers and directors in creating environments where children are fully included in the classroom environment and activities.
- Job duties include on-site observations of children and teacher best practices; assessment of early learning environments; creating action plans and goals to meet individual provider inclusion goals; develop and deliver professional development trainings; consult with multidisciplinary team members; support the use of developmental screeners; and make appropriate recommendations and referrals to community resources.
- Supports the development, implementation and oversight of individual inclusion plans for partner agencies in alignment with the IMPACT service delivery model and Northwest Center (NWC) philosophy.
- Complies with contractual and funding obligations and adheres to Northwest Center Kids best practices.
- Develops supportive relationships with co-workers, partner agencies, and families/caregivers.
- Practices collaborative communication and teamwork with interdisciplinary IMPACT team members and all other NWC departments.
- Prepares screenings, assessments, summary reports, data management and other documentation as necessary to maintain complete records, in alignment with IMPACT and King County requirements.
We've got you covered!
We offer full time employees great benefits that included medical, elective dental and vision, 401K with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, Value Village discount, and much more!
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.