The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Starting as one school in 1999, the Noble Network of Charter Schools (Noble) has grown to serve 12,000 students from 70 different communities at 17 separate campuses in Chicago, Illinois. The Noble Network of Charter Schools is Chicago’s largest and highest performing nonselective public school network.
The Development Associate will provide strategic day-to-day supports to the External Affairs team to ensure the ongoing caliber of Noble’s work and communication with internal and external partners and donors. This will include supporting the work of externally facing leadership through a variety of duties including scheduling, communications, special projects support, and meeting logistics and preparation. We seek an individual who is excited by and thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for someone who is interested in fundraising and nonprofit development. Upon proven success in the role, this position also has the potential to take on additional fundraising responsibilities. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
- Ensure the Development Team is prepared for meetings with key stakeholders through research, material creation, briefings, confirmation of meeting details, etc.
- Coordinate donor stewardship, including timely acknowledgements, reports, data entry, and responses to donor inquiries and requests
- Maintain accurate and timely donor records and other appropriate documentation
- Conduct research on individuals, foundations, corporations, and government sources to identify and prioritize prospects
- Coordinate planning and logistics for organization-wide special events and projects
- Create, design, and edit initial drafts and correspondence, such as letters, presentations, proposals, etc.
- Potential to take on the role of Secretary for our Board of Directors, which requires managing Board communications, completing monthly board newsletters, arranging logistics and assembling reports for quarterly board meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least two years of experience in a high functioning organization
- High degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, think critically and deal with ambiguity
- Highly motivated, energetic, and takes initiative to anticipate the needs of the team and donors
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong track record of effectively coordinating and managing events of varied scale
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor management software preferred
- Eligibility to work on a full-time basis in the United States
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.